Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Just set up OneNote  (Read 5679 times)

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
Re: Just set up OneNote
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2005, 07:22:04 PM »
not sure if this is much of a solution, but you can probably have the program auto correct so that if your type out Pi (or whatever word you want to use), it'll change the word to the symbol.  same thing for delta.

rhapsody

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2005, 10:25:00 PM »
That is definitely the best and easiest solution.  First go to Insert > Symbol and find the one you want to use.  Select the character code from ASCII (decimal).  So for the section sign, it's 167.  Close that and go to Tools > AutoCorrect Options.  For the section sign, my abbreviation is SS.  So type SS in the "replace" box (or whatever you want to use).  Then click in the "with" box.  You need to use the number pad for this part so if you're using a laptop turn on number lock.  Now hold Alt and press the number sequence 0167 with the number pad.  (Or put in whichever number is appropriate for pi, delta, etc.)  That should take care of it.  If OneNote / Word replaces your text in a way you don't like you can always click on the little icon that appears and flashes right after the replacement.

dividedsky

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT, 2.73 UGPA
    • View Profile
    • all bisco all the time
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2005, 12:04:58 AM »
thank you all for your input... in my messing around, the best i could do was figure out how to put a button up that opens the Insert>Symbol character map thing.. I think i am also going to take rhapsody's advice of setting up autocorrect with SS for section symbol, PP for pi, and DD for delta.  that way i always think about the defendant and big boobs.

SaTaNBuGG

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2005, 02:37:37 PM »
Not sure if OneNote has similar menu items as the other Office programs but you can also assign shortcut keys for the delta, pi and Sections symbols.  Go to ISERT --> SYMBOL.  Look for the Shortcut Key button. From there you can choose a character and a key or combination of shortcut keys.  I use Alt+S for the Section symbol, Alt+D for delta and Alt+P for Pi.  Hopes this helps some.

rhapsody

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2005, 08:25:30 AM »
That sounds even easier.  ;)