Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Did I mess this up with this girl?? What should I do?  (Read 3968 times)

TheNewGuy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Did I mess this up with this girl?? What should I do?
« on: June 14, 2004, 02:06:19 AM »
So i heard through the grapevine that this girl liked me. She began to hang out in my room, we would talk for hours, I really enjoyed it and I began to have feelings for her. The problem is, I'm kinda shy and never acted on this (never asked her out, or let on that I liked her), but we have only been talking for a few weeks. So here we are with only 5 days until the end of the school year, and she is going back home (hundreds of miles away) for the summer. Things just don't feel the same between us anymore though...it seems like there isn't as much tension (maybe cause I'm way more comfortable around her now). I don;t find her blushing, sitting close to me, or any of those things anymore. I'm starting to wonder if maybe I waited to long to make a move on her, and maybe she has lost interest in me as something more than a friend? I'm thinking of telling her about my feelings in a few days (right before we get out for summer), or at the very least getting her phone # and asking her "if she want's to hang out when she gets back in the fall". We live in the same dorm, so I don't have any of her info (ya i know im dumb). Do you think it's possible that I messed this up by not really letting her know my feelings for her?? What do you guys think I should do?

Dilettante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Did I mess this up with this girl?? What should I do?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 02:50:43 AM »
Just ask her out, or tell her you 'like' her, or whatever.  Never err on the side of caution in romance.  It's better to strike out than to wonder what could have been.

ruskiegirl

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 03:27:09 AM »
It's best to be honest.  You never know what you are losing.  My boyfriend didn't tell me he loved me until after I moved across the country to law school.  What the hell is his love doing for me now that we're thousands of miles away?

thinknpositive

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 08:19:19 AM »
So i heard through the grapevine that this girl liked me. She began to hang out in my room, we would talk for hours, I really enjoyed it and I began to have feelings for her. The problem is, I'm kinda shy and never acted on this (never asked her out, or let on that I liked her), but we have only been talking for a few weeks. So here we are with only 5 days until the end of the school year, and she is going back home (hundreds of miles away) for the summer. Things just don't feel the same between us anymore though...it seems like there isn't as much tension (maybe cause I'm way more comfortable around her now). I don;t find her blushing, sitting close to me, or any of those things anymore. I'm starting to wonder if maybe I waited to long to make a move on her, and maybe she has lost interest in me as something more than a friend? I'm thinking of telling her about my feelings in a few days (right before we get out for summer), or at the very least getting her phone # and asking her "if she want's to hang out when she gets back in the fall". We live in the same dorm, so I don't have any of her info (ya i know im dumb). Do you think it's possible that I messed this up by not really letting her know my feelings for her?? What do you guys think I should do?

Seriously son, it's time to nut up and take that HUGE risk of asking her for her phone number.  If you have the balls ask her for her email too.

Come on man, you're being rediculous.

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 10:14:33 AM »
Ok, is this the same girl you lied to about past relationships and the same girl your friends don't like? Man, you're killing me with these questions!! But obviously you must really like her. But here lies the problem: You sound like a nice guy, and they say nice guys finish last. Why? Because you don't assert yourselves!!! I had a guy friend in college who sounded like you, except we weren't in the same dorm but he would come to my dorm everyday, stay till like 2am, when I was sick would stay and watch me sleep and bring me food etc etc. However, I was dense at the time and didn't realize how much he really liked me even though everyone else did. If he would have asserted himself and just told me how he felt who knows what would have happened.  I would have even been more impressed. We're still friends now and he says he regrets not saying nothing. Now in your case, you might have well cut your losses buddy cause now summer's here and you're going your separate ways.  Wait until next year AND TELL HER HOW YOU FEEL.

ttiwed

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 10:26:01 AM »
don't sweat it. understandably you're kinda shy and a little nervous to put everything out on the table. but just say to yourself, "whats the worse that can happen? if she rejects me, its not like shes gonna kick my ass or anything. i know she likes me. of course she'll say yes!"

call her tonight and say "hi" to your future girlfriend for us.  :)

Ginatio

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2004, 10:32:30 AM »
and just to show how much you care, buy ribbed for her pleasure.

don't sweat it. understandably you're kinda shy and a little nervous to put everything out on the table. but just say to yourself, "whats the worse that can happen? if she rejects me, its not like shes gonna kick my ass or anything. i know she likes me. of course she'll say yes!"

call her tonight and say "hi" to your future girlfriend for us.  :)

thechoson

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2004, 01:25:59 PM »

Grow some f-ing balls and grow some hair on them.  Geezus man, wtf is wrong with you.  Guess what you get if you don't do *&^%.  NOTHING.  Guess what you lose if you ask for her phone number.  NOTHING.  Get my drift? 

I wouldn't like, get with her and rush her or you know, put your hand down her pants or anything thechoson like.  Be nice and smooth about it.  And don't wait till the fall, because she'll more than likely go back home and pork some dude.  Ask her out sometime this week, even if its just to a very casual lunch, where you guys can have about an hour to talk.  Use this hour as almost an audition, you know?  Make it about her.  Be like all, wow I really had a great school year, it was a fun experience.  But the best part was being able to meet really great people, like yourself.  You are really special, I really think I have a bond going on with you. Some *&^% like that.  See how she reacts, then see if she wants to give you her phone number, so you guys can stay in touch.  Hell, maybe you can go visit her over the summer and pork her.  Kinda like EUROTRIP, baby!

marista

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - purplenna
    • View Profile
    • My lawschoolnumbers page
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2004, 01:38:11 PM »
If you weren't letting on that you liked her, maybe she just figured that all her flirting with you (sitting really close to you etc.) was not working and that you weren't interested, so she backed off.

Quit playing hard to get, and ask her out already. Girls love being asked out.  And you're not asking her to be your steady gf or to marry you or anything.  Just a date. No big deal. To use an appropriate cliche, just do it!

thechoson

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2004, 01:40:51 PM »
If you weren't letting on that you liked her, maybe she just figured that all her flirting with you (sitting really close to you etc.) was not working and that you weren't interested, so she backed off.

Quit playing hard to get, and ask her out already. Girls love being asked out.  And you're not asking her to be your steady gf or to marry you or anything.  Just a date. No big deal. To use an appropriate cliche, just do it!

Wanna go out?