Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PowerScore Logic Bible Worth it?  (Read 2184 times)

dalawman

• View Profile
    • Email
PowerScore Logic Bible Worth it?
« on: June 14, 2004, 12:07:26 AM »
Hey Ya'll,

Since I moved my test to October... now I have plenty of time to study!  Should I buy the PowerScore Logic Games Bible?  As of right now I only get half of them right.  I also have the Kolby book as of now.  Is that enough?  Thanks.

ruskiegirl

Re: PowerScore Logic Bible Worth it?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 12:12:41 AM »
Pretty much everyone I know that has used the Games Bible is satisfied with the results.  Personally, I found it more helpful than any other study aid, including the Kaplan prep course.  You may want to refer to the thread about the Games Bible on this site. 

Dilettante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 12:24:40 AM »
Don't be penny-wise pound-foolish.  Get the book.  It's good.  If you can only get half on LG, you need it.  I was in a similar situation, and now I get consistently fewer than 6 wrong, with 2-3 wrong not unusual.  Even if you think there's only a chance you'll improve your score by a few points, it's worth it.  Could be the difference at your #1 choice for law school, could be the difference between a scholarship and a full bill.

Moogle

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 12:42:34 AM »
Yeah dude, what's $50 when compared to ~$100,000 you'll spend on law school?  The books you never need to buy are the Kaplan, Barron and PR books, since they are always available at the bibliotheque.  I bought Master the LSAT, all three 10 Actual LSAT books, and the Powerscore LG Bible.  In the future, I am planning to buy the Powerscore LR Bible.  I believe those are all the books you'll need for the LSAT.  Some ppl say Professor Dave's LSAT Advantage book is good, you might want to get that as well.

When in doubt on the LSAT, always choose F as the answer.

keating

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 02:29:30 PM »
My library didn't have squat!! One of the few drawbacks of living in a small city.

Definitely get the PS book. It's worth it!!

superiorlobe

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 02:48:42 PM »
I recommend the book.  There is one drawback, though.  They use actual LSAT game sections in the book, so if you do all the game sections you waste several PrepTests that will now be inaccurate as barometers of your score.