Law School Discussion

I thought selling TM stuff was illegal...check this out

I thought selling TM stuff was illegal...check this out
« on: July 10, 2005, 02:12:31 PM »

sarmstrong806

Re: I thought selling TM stuff was illegal...check this out
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 02:18:17 PM »
It is, and according to the agreement I signed with power score you can be sued for doing so.

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 02:19:23 PM »
that only contractual violation, not crime.

sarmstrong806

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 02:40:01 PM »
that only contractual violation, not crime.

true

InVinoVeritas

• Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2005, 03:42:33 PM »
i'd be surprised if eBay didn't receive a letter from TM demanding that the materials be taken off the site.  about a year ago, an angry letter from TM to a seller was floating around here.  the TM attorneys don't mess around.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 04:07:26 PM »
As I understand it anyone who takes a prep course has to sign a contractual agreement not to share his or her materials with anyone. But lets say the seller on ebay some how came into possession of these materials such as buying them at a garage sale. Could the seller be barred from selling them on ebay if they had not signed a contractual agreement?

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 04:16:03 PM »
As I understand it anyone who takes a prep course has to sign a contractual agreement not to share his or her materials with anyone. But lets say the seller on ebay some how came into possession of these materials such as buying them at a garage sale. Could the seller be barred from selling them on ebay if they had not signed a contractual agreement?

interesting question, grasshopper!  reality is that e-bay probably won't want fuss and will solve problem itself.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2005, 04:20:49 PM »

interesting question, grasshopper!  reality is that e-bay probably won't want fuss and will solve problem itself.

I don't know...in my experience, if there's any doubt, eBay just pulls the plug on the sale. It takes them a day or so. I was selling some stocks for AK-47's on there (perfectly legal, mind you) and they pulled my auction. Never mind that 400 other people were selling the same item under a different name...

By the way, Jules...need an AK-47? I know you're relatively peaceful, but I was on that other thread...

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2005, 04:25:21 PM »
not this basically what julie said?  and no thanks, but julie not use weapons.  her tongue sharp enough.

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2005, 04:25:42 PM »
I don't know...in my experience, if there's any doubt, eBay just pulls the plug on the sale. It takes them a day or so. I was selling some stocks for AK-47's on there (perfectly legal, mind you) and they pulled my auction. Never mind that 400 other people were selling the same item under a different name...

By the way, Jules...need an AK-47? I know you're relatively peaceful, but I was on that other thread...

Pre Ban? If you want to sell anything Firearm related I would like to suggest GunBroker.com