Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NBC's "The Law Firm"  (Read 7868 times)

lawstudent3

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: NBC's "The Law Firm"
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2005, 12:49:56 PM »
The second I saw Chris I predicted he'd be the winner.  Watching him perform only reinforces my prediction.  Go Chris!

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2005, 02:51:27 PM »
...uuumm i could care less about the show. My only concern is this does not somehow increase the amount of applicants making my shot at a law school more difficult. Based on my past knowledge of reality shows their skills as a lawyer will be secondary to how efficient they are are screwing over the other contestants.
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2005, 07:28:52 PM »
I just watched this on Bravo . . . . LOL . . . how did I know the Asian girl was gonna get the boot within 2 minutes of the show? Ummm . . . I was proud of Chris. I like the way he operated. He avoided conflict/stress and just worked by himself and impressed his peers. Now when he gets more involved with the group, they will listen to his ideas, he now has their respect. So, the way he operated was smart. I predict Chris and Deep will be the best of the pack.

j.rosh

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2005, 08:35:25 AM »
I just watched this on Bravo . . . . LOL . . . how did I know the Asian girl was gonna get the boot within 2 minutes of the show? Ummm . . . I was proud of Chris. I like the way he operated. He avoided conflict/stress and just worked by himself and impressed his peers. Now when he gets more involved with the group, they will listen to his ideas, he now has their respect. So, the way he operated was smart. I predict Chris and Deep will be the best of the pack.

Ditto.

btideroll

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2005, 08:54:47 AM »
Chris is good. From what I remember, doesn't he already have the most experience (in Criminal Defense work?). I want to say he said 8 years but I can't remember--he looks too young for that much practice though.

I think Chris is strong, so is Deep, and I believe Jason is probably 3rd in line. The females on the show seem more interested in portraying themselves as being ferocious as if they have to prove themselves as worthy, rather than actually being good at what they do.

We'll see how it pans out.

http://cacheofreason.blogspot.com/

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2005, 08:56:26 AM »
Chris is good. From what I remember, doesn't he already have the most experience (in Criminal Defense work?). I want to say he said 8 years but I can't remember--he looks too young for that much practice though.

Not 8 years.  They specifically said these were all 'green' attorneys.  No seasoned ones here.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2005, 10:09:21 AM »

I think Chris is strong, so is Deep, and I believe Jason is probably 3rd in line.

No, Jason was the one who got dismissed.

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2005, 10:16:23 AM »
How funny was it when the old man on the stand started to wild out? And the lawyers couldnt contain him. Another funny moment was the Judge's expression during Jason's move to strike.

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2005, 12:49:33 PM »
How funny was it when the old man on the stand started to wild out? And the lawyers couldnt contain him. Another funny moment was the Judge's expression during Jason's move to strike.

For a judge to point blank tell you in court you're a dumbass, will probably get you fired in real life too... ;D

Chris specifically said he'd been practicing Crim defense for 7 years...and it showed.  Am I the only one who thinks Roy Black sounded like an android.
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

MeloMan15

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2005, 02:03:16 AM »
Love this show and pretty much love most of the reality television out there.