Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NBC's "The Law Firm"  (Read 7929 times)

YoungIke

Re: NBC's "The Law Firm"
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2005, 07:39:08 AM »
Chris was on point. He is like me a quiet researcher that knows how to show up when it counts. This could however make his team members angry because they don't know what to expect. Anika seemed cool but she didn't do much because she didn't want to get in the team drama. I was surprised about Jason, also. The girl who got dismissed was embarrassing herself in the court room, she needed to go.

j.rosh

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2005, 09:21:50 AM »
I agreed with Kelly's firing, but he should've let Regina go.

Abevigoda

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've been Kittled!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2005, 09:52:53 AM »
I think the show is hilarious.  ALthough, it doesn't bode well for our career prospects if they could find enough unemployed lawyers to have a casting call and put the show together in the first place.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=abevigoda

Catholic University of America
Columbus School of Law

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2005, 10:08:28 AM »
I agreed with Kelly's firing, but he should've let Regina go.

In Regina's defense, I don't think anyone (especially a young lawyer) would have been able to control that wacky defendant, but Jason's dumbass objection and "strike that from the record" showed complete ignorance.  The flip comment about "even with no legs that dog would be a menace" actually helped his case and he wanted it stricken, to move things along?!  He's dumb, he's gotta go.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

j.rosh

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2005, 10:58:42 AM »
What a dumb move.  I think he forgot who he was working for in his quest to flex his muscles and arrogance. 

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2005, 11:03:26 AM »
What a dumb move.  I think he forgot who he was working for in his quest to flex his muscles and arrogance. 

My favorite contestant thus far is Christopher (also known as loner black dude).  He was taken to task for working by himself, but he was sharp as a tack.  I think he's learned his lesson and will emerge as the leader very soon.

3.0 (3.82), 166

j.rosh

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2005, 11:25:34 AM »

My favorite contestant thus far is Christopher (also known as loner black dude).  He was taken to task for working by himself, but he was sharp as a tack.  I think he's learned his lesson and will emerge as the leader very soon.

He was also my favorite.  I don't think I like anyone else on the show.

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2005, 11:31:00 AM »

However, if he doesn't take the good advice he was given to work with others, he will be booted.  You betcha!  There's no I in TEAM.  I took what the partner said to him as a very stern warning, not to be ignored.

3.0 (3.82), 166

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2005, 11:41:46 AM »
I missed it. I just saw the start where the Asian girl was like "I like the selection of males."

j.rosh

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2005, 11:47:52 AM »

However, if he doesn't take the good advice he was given to work with others, he will be booted.  You betcha!  There's no I in TEAM.  I took what the partner said to him as a very stern warning, not to be ignored.

Definitely.