Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NBC's "The Law Firm"  (Read 7930 times)

angmill08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: NBC's "The Law Firm"
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2005, 03:56:24 PM »
I'm watching. I love reality TV. But yeah, it will give the impression that all lawyers spend their days pontificating in the courtroom, when in fact, most lawyers are spending more time doing research and filing papers! But oh well. I think most serious law students know it's not really like Perry Mason or Matlock.
164/3.46 Undergrad GPA, graduated college in 1996.
Applied: UT Austin (ED), Univ. of Houston, George Washington U & American U.
Accepted: Univ. of Houston, GW, American
Attending: GW, Fall 2006

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2005, 04:17:03 PM »
I saw something about this on the Today show. I heard there will be a lot of behind-the scenes shots and information about how a case is put together.

As for being in the courtroom -- that's why I plan to be a prosecutor. They're some of the only lawyers I know who actually spend a lot of time in court in front of a jury.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

mr*mouth*piece

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2005, 04:26:08 PM »
I'll watch.  The prize doesn't seem like much.  They should at least offer them a position or give them their own firm.
"If ones advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to lead the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours" - Henry Thoreau

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2005, 04:29:37 PM »
what is the prize?
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2005, 04:33:23 PM »
I saw something about this on the Today show. I heard there will be a lot of behind-the scenes shots and information about how a case is put together.

As for being in the courtroom -- that's why I plan to be a prosecutor. They're some of the only lawyers I know who actually spend a lot of time in court in front of a jury.

Yeah, but they get paid a lot of less.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2005, 04:36:48 PM »
I'm looking for a job that I actually like -- not just a job that will get me rich (but getting rich would be great too.)

I know prosecutors don't make much money when compared to other lawyers -- but it'll still be a pay raise for me, I'm a journalist.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

mivida2k

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2005, 12:06:26 AM »
That Willie Gary website is tacky.

Watching the show now.  Why do they always have the one "nerdy" black guy and the "aggressive" black girl?  No Omarosa please.
The president's approval rating has dropped to 33 percent, matching his low in May. His handling of nearly every issue, from the Iraq war to foreign policy, contributed to the president's decline around the nation, even in the Republican-friendly South.

angmill08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2005, 12:14:34 AM »
I have to say I liked Regina, even though she had it tough tonight.  Chris was good. I was suprised at how amateur most of them were, though!

Also, I think I missed something on the dog case. The crazy man wanted money but he was the defendant? What did the plaintiff want?
164/3.46 Undergrad GPA, graduated college in 1996.
Applied: UT Austin (ED), Univ. of Houston, George Washington U & American U.
Accepted: Univ. of Houston, GW, American
Attending: GW, Fall 2006

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2005, 01:00:10 AM »
I watched it here on the West Coast.
I liked the black guy -- I forgot his name -- and Olivier.
The girl, Kelly, sucked, from what I saw. I'm glad she got fired!

-TMcGraw

mr*mouth*piece

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2005, 01:09:20 AM »
I watched it out here on the west coast too.  I agree with Kelly's dismissal but I was shocked with Jason's.  I thought Regina should have been out of there.  Chris (the Brother) seems to be on point.  What was Anika's role?
"If ones advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to lead the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours" - Henry Thoreau