Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NBC's "The Law Firm"  (Read 7973 times)

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
Re: NBC's "The Law Firm"
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2005, 08:03:23 PM »
most lawyers never make a fraction of that willie gary money.

The secret is in the real estate firm.

10 points for Annabel.  Which is precisely why that is my long term career goal.  Law is merely a stepping stone for me to get there.

Finally! Another who shares my vision :)
Who's your Daddy now?

elegantpearl01

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2005, 10:09:35 PM »
There's no one way of making money you know...real estate is fine...but have plan B too when the market bottoms out. Plaintiffs work I tell you, is good steady money provided you have a great reputation. I know those lawyers are called ambulance chasers but they are also called rich.  All you need is the one case and if you are fortunate enough to find it, you are golden. It's just so many lawyers spend their whole career looking for the "case" and never find it.

Law can be a stepping stone if you don't let the profession eat you up and make you disillusioned with life. Personally, I didn't go to law school to per se practice law. I love politics and this is best way to get into lobbying...also I have other business pursuits. I really dig the beauty industry, sisters spend a lot of money in that arena and I am looking to find my way into the market at some point.

I guess after being in the profession for nearly 5 years, I am seeing the dirty side of the profession, the stuff they don't tell you in law school. Academia and the Judicary are areas where you can make respectable money and have a life. Defense work, you may make some nice money, but it's a lot of work. Billables are a b****.  I encourage EVERYONE to figure out how to get their paper.  I know a few people who have gone into other business ventures.  I guess if you really want to make a lot of money, you have to know that you aren't going to make it working at a firm. If you are makign 200K, you are bringing in 2 million for the firm.

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 03:39:05 AM »
If you are makign 200K, you are bringing in 2 million for the firm.

Something to chew over  . . .

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2005, 04:40:19 PM »
If you are makign 200K, you are bringing in 2 million for the firm.

Something to chew over  . . .

Indeed.  You may not jump out of law school with the same book of business that the law firms will obviously have, but at some point you have to wonder why am I only seeing 10% of the money I bring into this motherf*cka?
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

YoungIke

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2005, 03:11:15 PM »
Bringing this back up since it's coming on tonight. Anyone watching?

j.rosh

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2005, 03:22:20 PM »
Saw the commercial last week-I'm watching.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2005, 03:29:15 PM »
hope the sista isn't trifling... :-\
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

lawstudent3

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2005, 03:33:36 PM »
I'll watch.

YoungIke

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2005, 03:38:35 PM »
hope the sista isn't trifling... :-\

Omarosa #2 would be a bad look for ya'll