Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NBC's "The Law Firm"  (Read 8101 times)

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
NBC's "The Law Firm"
« on: July 09, 2005, 03:55:53 PM »
Real lawyers. Real cases. Real consequences. Executive producer David E. Kelley (The Practice, Ally McBeal) brings a real legal drama to television. Trial attorney and legal analyst Roy Black will manage 12 actual lawyers competing against each other while trying real court cases with judges and juries, resulting in outcomes that will be final, legal and binding. Each week, one legal eagle is eliminated and the top attorney will receive a prize of $250,000. With plenty of drama inside and outside of the courtroom, the result is riveting entertainment.

The compelling cases range from First Amendment issues to neighbor disputes to wrongful death. Distinguished judges will decide some of the cases, while a jury determines the others. In the end, the top attorney will win a prize of $250,000.

"The Law Firm" is executive produced by multiple Emmy Award winner David E. Kelley ("The Practice," "Ally McBeal," "L.A. Law"), David Garfinkle ("Surreal Life," "Blind Date"), Jay Renfroe ("Surreal Life," "Blind Date"), Jonathan Pontell ("Ally McBeal," "Boston Public") and Robert Breech ("The Practice," L.A. Law"). "The Law Firm" is produced by Renegade 83, Inc. in association with David E. Kelley Productions and 20th Century Fox Television.

----- taken from http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Law_Firm/

I dont like this at all. I think this show will give the wrong view of the legal profession. What do you think?

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
Re: NBC's "The Law Firm"
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 04:24:50 PM »
Has any TV show ever given the right view of the legal profession? It's all just entertainment.
Who's your Daddy now?

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 04:39:42 PM »
Has any TV show ever given the right view of the legal profession? It's all just entertainment.

Thats the problem right there my man. The profession is crowded enough. People will be rushing in thinking its all hunky-dory. Additionally, this show will cause stereotypes of lawyers to grow.

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 04:50:39 PM »

Thats the problem right there my man. The profession is crowded enough. People will be rushing in thinking its all hunky-dory. Additionally, this show will cause stereotypes of lawyers to grow.

If Willie Gary's website don't make you rush out and enroll in Law School nothing will, www.williegary.com  ;D
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 05:11:59 PM »

It will take a minor miracle to stem the growth of lawyer stereotypes. What do you call 100 lawyers chained to the bottom of the sea again?
Who's your Daddy now?

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 02:56:17 PM »

If Willie Gary's website don't make you rush out and enroll in Law School nothing will, www.williegary.com  ;D

Know what i'm saying Made!? :D Sheeeeiiiit. I'm such a sucker.

elegantpearl01

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 04:07:36 PM »
most lawyers never make a fraction of that willie gary money.

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2005, 04:27:15 PM »

The secret is in the real estate firm.
Who's your Daddy now?

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2005, 04:31:57 PM »

Most lawyers have a chance to get closer to Willie Gary money than Basketball players get to Jordan money or computer programmers to Bill Gates money or newscasters to Oprah money or actors to Tom Hanks money...you get what I'm saying, everyone has to have a goal ;)
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2005, 04:50:16 PM »

The secret is in the real estate firm.

10 points for Annabel.  Which is precisely why that is my long term career goal.  Law is merely a stepping stone for me to get there.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston