Howard's homecoming

Roxie

• Who wants a clean house!?!?!?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Howard's homecoming
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2005, 11:58:14 AM »
LOL!! 

Ok - we can start with hair.  How long is yours?  I was reading somewhere that professional/corporate women shouldn't have hair past their shoulders.  What do you think?

i got you E, that is if you wanna look like a soccer mom with 2 kids that drives a range  ;D

lol.  I was going more for the edgy, driven, 'hot mama' look

okay, i understand....you're all roxie's :'(

lmao

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2005, 12:03:48 PM »
LOL!! 

Ok - we can start with hair.  How long is yours?  I was reading somewhere that professional/corporate women shouldn't have hair past their shoulders.  What do you think?

i got you E, that is if you wanna look like a soccer mom with 2 kids that drives a range  ;D

lol.  I was going more for the edgy, driven, 'hot mama' look

okay, i understand....you're all roxie's :'(

lmao

my hair is a couple of inches past the shoulders.  I'm not cutting it  >:( (been there, done that)

Roxie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: July 12, 2005, 12:07:44 PM »
ok - so you are fine with hair.

How about clothes?  The shirt the lady in my avatar has on is nice...you like that???

One Step Ahead

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2005, 12:11:33 PM »

How about clothes?  The shirt the lady in my avatar has on is nice...you like that???

ROXIE, you are a hot mess!  I don't want to look like Lil' Kim  >:(

elegantpearl01

« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2005, 12:11:47 PM »
I think long hair on a black woman can really work to her advantage because for some odd reason they don't expect us to have any hair.

Roxie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2005, 12:15:41 PM »
Ok E.  I get the picture.  So I guess I won't suggest putting your hair in a ponytail on the side with a gelled down, shellacked bang like hers either. 

How about some nice soft layers and a long bang swept to one side?

Pearl....that is so true!! 

ROXIE, you are a hot mess!  I don't want to look like Lil' Kim  >:(

One Step Ahead

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2005, 12:22:25 PM »
what do you guys think about braids?  I don't know if I have the time or patience to rock a perm and BELIEVE me, E needs the creamy crack. 

faith2005

« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2005, 12:23:03 PM »
hmmm, yeah, i don't understand that either.

I think long hair on a black woman can really work to her advantage because for some odd reason they don't expect us to have any hair.

Roxie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: July 12, 2005, 12:27:50 PM »
LOL @ creamy crack!!

Braids can be a nice, versatile option.  Just be sure that they don't do them too tight around your edges, or your hair will break off.  Get the skinny ones - that way you can pin them up, wear them down, curl them and wear a wide variety of styles.

Avoid the big, dooky-like, fat ones, leaving them in for 18 months or getting them done with bright colored hair.  These would be major fashion violations and your BLSD buddies would be forced to issue citations!

what do you guys think about braids?  I don't know if I have the time or patience to rock a perm and BELIEVE me, E needs the creamy crack. 

lex19

« Reply #159 on: July 12, 2005, 12:35:57 PM »
F braids, and creamy crack E, go natural, go natural......you've got me, faith, blk to testify to that