Law School Discussion

Howard's homecoming

lex19

Re: Howard's homecoming
« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2005, 08:48:54 AM »
faith represent homie and wear dem sweats you'll be surprised especially at a place like UVA....i know i will if i go and i'm going to a school just as preppy but a third of the size which makes it worse.....i'll just wear some perals to even even it out  ;)

come on lex, you know i'm with you on being somewhat of a bum. i love jeans and t-shirts. i think that wearing sweat pants to class would be the norm if I wasn't going to such a preppy school. but we'll see, they might just get to see my sweatpants. :D

« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2005, 08:56:24 AM »
people like to show off... we focus a lot on the material things these days... let me get my JD so i can get that mercedes or that bmw... let me have the hottest condo in manhattan or dc...

we're known to live beyond our means and when we don't have the money we dream about the days that we do...

same hood rich mentality that cash money clique has  :D

---

there's nothing wrong with dressing well or dressing comfortable.. if you like it i love it either way... but the universal problem is that we label people based on their physical appearance, hair styles, choice of clothing..

we're all guilty of it.. (including me ;) )

« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2005, 08:59:00 AM »
i shop at talbot too :-[ ... there's an outlet out here

yeah i can't do the juicy stuff, i'm already prepping for my "soccer mom" status I can't stay away from ann taylor, j. crew, banana, or talbots (yeah i know)....and i'm a sucker for any ralph lauren oxford out....i dream about new shiney loafers to wear to the club....hehehe

edit: i can't believe i just wrote that, yeah i'm a dork, but a classy one none the less

lex19

« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2005, 09:03:37 AM »
especially today, it's crazy...

i usually get my ralph lauren stuff at outlets/filene's basement/loehmans b/c i'm not going to pay 80 bucks for an oxford or 60-75 for a polo and ever since this "preppy craze" came in style the bargain places have jacked up their prices, i almost fell out the last time i was at woodbury commons

yeahhhhh blk, talbot's outlet is the bomb i got a great toggle coat a couple of years ago from there

people like to show off... we focus a lot on the material things these days... let me get my JD so i can get that mercedes or that bmw... let me have the hottest condo in manhattan or dc...

we're known to live beyond our means and when we don't have the money we dream about the days that we do...

same hood rich mentality that cash money clique has :D

---

there's nothing wrong with dressing well or dressing comfortable.. if you like it i love it either way... but the universal problem is that we label people based on their physical appearance, hair styles, choice of clothing..

we're all guilty of it.. (including me ;) )

faith2005

« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2005, 09:04:35 AM »
yeah blk--i think that is the biggest problem. how can we look at someone and have something to say about how they dress. I am definitely guilty of it. there was a girl that had on a shirt that said single and fabulous this weekend and I was like, wow. I know I judged her the moment I saw her just on the basis of her shirt.

lex19

« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2005, 09:15:30 AM »
faith you know she's your new best friend, lol

« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2005, 09:18:29 AM »
 :D  @ lex...

i miss filene's in friendship heights :'(... but u're right.. filene's has definitely increased their prices since preppy is in now.. we've been dressing this way for yrs.. it's a way of life :D .. where was that style when i was getting ridiculed as a kid :-\

lex19

« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2005, 09:22:56 AM »
girl who you tellin!!!!! i am soooo mad that french cuffs are hot all of sudden, shoot, i just tell myself everyone is just jumpin on the lex wagon....my boy and i used to get clowned on in undergrad for being the polo twins....i just sit back with a sly "hmmph" smile on

and the friendship heights basement is def where it's at they have one at metro center & farragut north too but they really don't cut it

:D @ lex...

i miss filene's in friendship heights :'(... but u're right.. filene's has definitely increased their prices since preppy is in now.. we've been dressing this way for yrs.. it's a way of life :D .. where was that style when i was getting ridiculed as a kid :-\

« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2005, 09:51:24 AM »
i'm about to bite that off of u  :D

girl who you tellin!!!!! i am soooo mad that french cuffs are hot all of sudden, shoot, i just tell myself everyone is just jumpin on the lex wagon....

faith2005

« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2005, 09:54:08 AM »
please excuse my ignorance. what are french cuffs? the cuffs on dress shirts? or something else?