Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Howard's homecoming  (Read 12614 times)

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
Re: Howard's homecoming
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2005, 02:27:42 PM »

Alumni!? Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. now get me a soda!

Howard is a great school. I'm just messing around. HOward came down for our homecoming in 1998 I think and beat the sh*t out of us like 40 to 7. OMG is was sad some I'm kinda hurt by that.  

Howard actually beat someone!? Go figure!
Who's your Daddy now?

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2005, 08:20:10 PM »
did anyone actually answer Mobell's question about the dates of said event?

elegantpearl01

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2005, 09:56:42 PM »
It's October 22nd...I guess I won't be there, that's the same weekend at FAMU's Homecoming...for a list of all black college homecoming dates:

http://www.hbcunetwork.com/modules/Networking/calendar/2005Homecomings.cfm

For all HBCU classics

http://www.hbcunetwork.com/modules/Networking/calendar/2005Classics.cfm

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2005, 12:08:49 AM »
It's October 22nd...I guess I won't be there, that's the same weekend at FAMU's Homecoming...for a list of all black college homecoming dates:

http://www.hbcunetwork.com/modules/Networking/calendar/2005Homecomings.cfm

For all HBCU classics

http://www.hbcunetwork.com/modules/Networking/calendar/2005Classics.cfm

11/26/2005 
Bayou Classic XXXII Southern University vs. Grambling State University New Orleans, LA 1:00pm
This is gonna be great stuff. I look forward to it. I just may be able to go to my morehouse homecoming the bayou classic, and mardi grass! That is a little much for a 1L huh? :P

elegantpearl01

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2005, 07:34:32 AM »
I am probably the wrong person to pose that question to considering my 1L year I went to FAMU's Homecoming, FAMU v. Howard in Jacksonville and Black College Reunion...my grades were tight..so i guess it's all in "time management."

YoungIke

« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2005, 08:21:51 AM »
Since we're speaking on HBCU's I'll put it a plug for my alma mater Winston-Salem State University. We all forget about the little known HBCU's but we're creeping on a come up. Having the 2nd best nursing program in the state behind UNC (u know the Board of Governors wouldn’t let us be first, also having one of the few nationally accredited business programs along with Howard, Morehouse, Clark-Atlanta, and A&T. Also everyone knows the MEAC Tournament cant hold a candle to the CIAA tournament. Which I can brag on to much since we already made our bid to move into the MEAC and will be there within 3 years. Also the MEAC was founded by a CIAA school (NCCU) who after our announcement, announce that they will soon also be making their bid to the MEAC. Lets support all HBCU's, because everybody at the "other" HBCU's have been tired of buggie Howard folks looking down on the little people, but we love you anyway.

elegantpearl01

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2005, 08:29:00 AM »
CIAA is great basketball...but football ..yawn.....

aren't most HBCU folks inherently bourgie???

YoungIke

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2005, 08:42:31 AM »
True football is boring but only because we don't have as much money hints the mass movement of CIAA schools to the MEAC (ie... Hampton, Norfolk State, Morgan State, and now WSSU and NC Central soon to come)

And its been my experiance that only certain HBCU's are bourgie like Howard, Morehouse who we have to put in their place every year they come to Bennett and think they still all that when its clearly A&T and WSSU territory, Spellman, etc

I have observed that the more northerners who attend the school the more bourgie it is but that just an observation not fact.

CIAA is great basketball...but football ..yawn.....

aren't most HBCU folks inherently bourgie???

YoungIke

« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2005, 08:51:02 AM »
I just got this site from the Law Firm-NBC thread ( http://www.williegary.com/ ), if this aint a bourgie HBCU grad I don't know who is. Why must black folks flaunt their wealth? You don’t se Bill Gates advertising his possessions. What’s the basis! You can ball till you fall with discretion. If you want to advertise do like the white folk and advertise how much you give and not how much you have.

Muse

• Sr. Citizen
  • I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
    • Yeah I have one...like everyone else.
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2005, 10:00:32 AM »
Donald Trump flaunts his wealth, most celebrities falunt their wealth. Each to his own.
Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No ulterior motives. No hidden meanings. An absence of hypocrisy, duplicity, political games, and verbal superficiality. As honesty and real integrity characterize our lives, there will be no need to manipulate others.--Chuck Swindoll