Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Southwestern is a great school  (Read 19340 times)

Southwestern2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Southwestern is a great school
« Reply #200 on: July 28, 2005, 01:09:23 PM »
1) 155 is higher than the 50%. Saying that it's easy to score that high is incorrect, otherwise more people wouldm thus pushing the averages higher.

2) I never said anything is wrong with being proud of your school. You obviously have a reading comprehension problem. I don't know what HYS grads would say, so it's not worth speculating.

3) Your poll is not better empirical data. You are polling other people like yourself who aren't even in law school yet, who have probably still not even clicked on SW's website, let alone visited the campus, and who have an agenda. It's the equivalent of, in 1862, asking Robert E. Lee and his cronies "what do you think about freeing the slaves" and claiming that represents the will of the entire nation.

Go away. After a while I'll grow tired of constantly showing how incorrect you are. Then you'll be yelling at a wall.

DodgerLaw

« Reply #201 on: July 28, 2005, 01:16:40 PM »
From earlier in this thread, here is an opinion from the California legal profession as expressed through employment.

You forgot Sheppard Mullin, which has 6 Southwestern grads according to Martindale.com, and 4 from Yale.

Yep. You're right.

Here's some other numbers for Sheppard Mullin:

UCLA -- 34 ( 5 X Southwestern)
USC -- 42  ( 7 X Southwestern)
Stanford -- 21 (3.5 X Southwestern)
Harvard -- 31 (5 X Southwestern)

Sheppard Mullin is an overwhelmingly California firm with about 90% of its attorneys based in the state. Yet Southwestern alumni account for less than 2% of the attorneys.

So far we've examined three large firms wiith a total of more than 3,000 attorneys, a good portion of them with offices in California. We have found a total of 6 Southwestern alumni. That is 1/500th, .002, or .2%.

Ouch!

Garkunkle

« Reply #202 on: July 28, 2005, 01:19:35 PM »
1) 155 is higher than the 50%. Saying that it's easy to score that high is incorrect, otherwise more people wouldm thus pushing the averages higher.

2) I never said anything is wrong with being proud of your school. You obviously have a reading comprehension problem. I don't know what HYS grads would say, so it's not worth speculating.

3) Your poll is not better empirical data. You are polling other people like yourself who aren't even in law school yet, who have probably still not even clicked on SW's website, let alone visited the campus, and who have an agenda. It's the equivalent of, in 1862, asking Robert E. Lee and his cronies "what do you think about freeing the slaves" and claiming that represents the will of the entire nation.

Go away. After a while I'll grow tired of constantly showing how incorrect you are. Then you'll be yelling at a wall.

You are funny. You think you know everything huh??

1)  Half the nation gets 155.  Don't you think this tells you that 155 is easy.  Maybe easy is a subjective term.  Easy for me Hard for SW2L.  But the general public will not find 155 impressive.  top people will laugh at 155.

2) You doubted my earlier statement, "[p]eople from top law schools will seldom say that lawschool doesn't matter"."  you said that this is unfounded.  My 2nd issue was just specifically that.  Top people are proud of their school.  And because they are proud they will say lawschool matters.  Plus, by elevating your school, you elevate yourself (selfish cause)

3)  I knew you would say this.  I never sai my POLL is accurate.  I said it is a better representation of the general opinion then your speculations.  You just speculate and mumble on and on.  TRUST ME, I KNOW THE FLAWS OF MY POLL.  BUT IT IS STILL BETTER THAN ANYTHING YOU SPITTED OUT.

You are tired because you want to die. 

bacchus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: July 28, 2005, 01:29:52 PM »
One of the people on the new law reality show is from Southwestern.  Forgive me if this has already been brought up.
A zen philosopher once said, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, a doughnut with no hole is a danish"

Southwestern2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 28, 2005, 01:52:59 PM »
1) I don't care how many SW alums are employed by Sheppard. Sheppard is only one employer in California.
2)Half the nation does not get 155. First, half the nation doesn't take the LSAT. Second, a 155 is higher than the 50%. It's actually a lot closer to 70%. The general public might not be able to comprehend what 155 means, but they will find it impressive that a person can get a JD and pass the bar. The general public doesn't care where you went to law school, only that you are a lawyer.
3)Yeah, I saw that one of our alums is on the show:-) I guess you know who I'll be rooting for:-)

DodgerLaw

« Reply #205 on: July 28, 2005, 01:57:03 PM »
1) I don't care how many SW alums are employed by Sheppard. Sheppard is only one employer in California.
2)Half the nation does not get 155. First, half the nation doesn't take the LSAT. Second, a 155 is higher than the 50%. It's actually a lot closer to 70%. The general public might not be able to comprehend what 155 means, but they will find it impressive that a person can get a JD and pass the bar. The general public doesn't care where you went to law school, only that you are a lawyer.
3)Yeah, I saw that one of our alums is on the show:-) I guess you know who I'll be rooting for:-)

Hey dummy,

Sheppard was your example.

diaa

« Reply #206 on: July 28, 2005, 01:58:33 PM »
SW2L,

I think it is awesome that you defend your school so much.  May I beg you to head over to xoxohth.com and make a similar post to defend your school?  Or, if you have can I have a link?  Those assholes over there are worse than this site you know?

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 28, 2005, 02:16:25 PM »
I second that.  I think he should go over to xoxo and try to convince all the prestige-whoring T14 kids there that Southwestern is comparable to Yale.

Here's a link SW2L: http://www.xoxohth.com/main.php?forum_id=2

[I will, of course, be standing by with my pop corn.  :D]
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

diaa

« Reply #208 on: July 28, 2005, 02:21:03 PM »
I second that.  I think he should go over to xoxo and try to convince all the prestige-whoring T14 kids there that Southwestern is comparable to Yale.

Here's a link SW2L: http://www.xoxohth.com/main.php?forum_id=2

[I will, of course, be standing by with my pop corn.  :D]

He would seriously be my hero if he did.  SW2L, if you feel a duty to defend your school against off-base attacks, which you must judging by this thread, you almost have no choice but to go to XOXO. 

DodgerLaw

« Reply #209 on: July 28, 2005, 02:21:49 PM »