Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Can I live?  (Read 2407 times)

legalgirl

Can I live?
« on: July 07, 2005, 08:46:14 PM »
Not all URM's have low LSAT scores and Low gpa's. Some of us have high gpa's (3.8) and pretty good LSAT's (165). I wish people would stop assuming that just because I am a Black girl from Brooklyn I was given a hand out.And even if my ethnicity did give me an added boost why the f*ck not. I live in a area where the zone high school has a 20% graduation rate. The elemetary schools don't have enough seats and all the teachers are under paid. Went away for college and worked 40hrs a week to help mom dukes out and to pay my tuition. S*it just ain't fair around here. And if law schools want to recruit me to added a little color to their lily white club damn right I'm gonna go for it. I'm not a racist and I have friends who represent all backgrounds. But I pity the fool who steps to me on the URM BS because my foot will be going up your a**.

Thanks so much for listening.

GLOBALgal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Can I live?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 08:53:37 PM »
Not all URM's have low LSAT scores and Low gpa's. Some of us have high gpa's (3.8) and pretty good LSAT's (165). I wish people would stop assuming that just because I am a Black girl from Brooklyn I was given a hand out.And even if my ethnicity did give me an added boost why the f*ck not. I live in a area where the zone high school has a 20% graduation rate. The elemetary schools don't have enough seats and all the teachers are under paid. Went away for college and worked 40hrs a week to help mom dukes out and to pay my tuition. S*it just ain't fair around here. And if law schools want to recruit me to added a little color to their lily white club damn right I'm gonna go for it. I'm not a racist and I have friends who represent all backgrounds. But I pity the fool who steps to me on the URM BS because my foot will be going up your a**.

Thanks so much for listening.

All teachers are underpaid, you whiny female dog.

You got a f-ing handout.  It's a fact.  Deal with it and stop complaining.  If you don't want people to think you got a handout, you should go to one of the schools where white people with your numbers go.

legalgirl

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 09:14:11 PM »
I do you f*cking ignorant prick. But a**holes like you automatically assume my scores are lower than theirs because I am a URM. It threatens them to see a black woman who can compete on their level. Law school is all about survival and I will not be trampled over. People like you motivate me, after all is said and done it does'nt matter how I got into the school especially when I rank top 10%. I am force to be reckoned with.

Master Shake

• I rock baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 11:25:59 PM »
I'm not ignorant and I'm not a prick, I am Master Shake.  The leader of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and I live with a frickin' meatball and fries on the Jersey shore.  So tell me whose has it worse, these idiots don't even bath.

alphadog24

• Sr. Citizen
  • Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 01:57:19 PM »
I wish people would stop assuming that just because I am a Black girl from Brooklyn I was given a hand out.And even if my ethnicity did give me an added boost why the f*ck not.

You have effectively contradicted yourself from the start. And btw, you are full of *&^%. I am from Brooklyn, and there is NO school in Brooklyn, not even Erasmus High, that has a graduation rate of "20%," cut the *&^%.

Emory Law 2010

Intuition

• Sr. Citizen
  • We wander down darkened pathways in a daze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 02:09:41 PM »
Yes, you can live. You can even use your URM status to your advantage. That's fine. I won't take it out on you personally.

But can I feel at least somewhat slighted because I don't get the chance to get a bump for being an ORM (over represented majority) through no fault of my own (I have the same level of responsibility for being ORM as you do for being URM)?

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 02:10:21 PM »
I wish people would stop assuming that just because I am a Black girl from Brooklyn I was given a hand out.And even if my ethnicity did give me an added boost why the f*ck not.

You have effectively contradicted yourself from the start. And btw, you are full of sh*t. I am from Brooklyn, and there is NO school in Brooklyn, not even Erasmus High, that has a graduation rate of "20%," cut the sh*t.

Now that is funny! :D Just another negro that want's something for nothing.

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 02:14:32 PM »
You are saying you got a handout, heh, that means that you ARE below the people that you are going to school with then, right?
a 3.0 isn;t anything to be proud of anyways, just so you know.,

Master Shake

• I rock baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2005, 02:20:38 AM »
You are saying you got a handout, heh, that means that you ARE below the people that you are going to school with then, right?
a 3.0 isn;t anything to be proud of anyways, just so you know.,

What is a 3.0 and how can I get one?

Eh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2005, 01:05:19 PM »
tag