Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: brooklyn waitlist  (Read 556 times)

schnorer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
brooklyn waitlist
« on: July 07, 2005, 08:44:59 PM »
Any news?!?

imtheantelope

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: brooklyn waitlist
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 09:05:09 PM »
nothing, but i think in about a week im gonna have to make some definitive plans regarding st johns housing...

i dont think i have that great of a shot at brooklyn anyway, but i really would love to either get my waitlist miracle acceptance or the inevitable rejection soon..

either way, just let me know.. thats kind of the feeling i am forced to have at this point..
Accepted: Suffolk, Albany$, New York Law$, Hofstra$, Touro$
Waitlisted:  Brooklyn, Northeastern, Villanova, American
Denied: Fordham, Temple
ATTENDING: ST JOHNS

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=imtheantelope

brutal264

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 01:28:41 PM »
When I visited he told me there were slots open for only PT night. I asked him about the PT day program, and he told me the adcomm voted on that on a case-by-case basis.

Also, keep in mind that if someone who got in and decided not to go and didn't send in their deposit, they still consider that student someone who's accepted and probably attending. Not until kids send in the CARD do they consider it a withdrawal.

After my visit I pretty much have given up on BLS...I would have loved to go there, and it was my #1 when I applied ED. Good luck to yall, I'm sure something will pan out.

schnorer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 01:38:51 PM »
Hey brutal, why'd u give up?

cannotpick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 01:57:27 PM »
When I visited he told me there were slots open for only PT night. I asked him about the PT day program, and he told me the adcomm voted on that on a case-by-case basis.

Also, keep in mind that if someone who got in and decided not to go and didn't send in their deposit, they still consider that student someone who's accepted and probably attending. Not until kids send in the CARD do they consider it a withdrawal.

After my visit I pretty much have given up on BLS...I would have loved to go there, and it was my #1 when I applied ED. Good luck to yall, I'm sure something will pan out.

Yeh, you're right. They take their sweet old time with accepted students. I received my tuition/housing bills & other paper work almost 2 weeks ago. They give us plenty of time to return them. Then, yesterday I got a card in the mail with a bunch of boxes to check. "I definitely intend to enroll this August & submitted registration materials on or about _____ ..... I definitely intend to enroll and will soon complete my registration .... I would like to enroll but have concerns. Please call me .... I am still uncertain and need more time to decide .... I would like to defer until next year .... I want to withdraw."

As you can see, they don't rush you at all. They basically let the applicant dictate when they will decide. I don't doubt that spots will open up in this year's class, but it will probably be a while. If you are really interested in attending Brooklyn, then you're going to probably need to be willing to accept a Late July (maybe even very early August) acceptance. Don't put your current plans on hold, but be aware that you will probably lose considerable apartment deposits & deposits at the school in which you are currently enrolled if you do decide that you are willing to take a spot off the Brooklyn waitlist.
'08 graduate of Brooklyn Law

...The Dude abides...

brutal264

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 02:22:17 PM »
Cannotpick -- Yeahh thats what I was talking about!

Schnorer -- I haven't given up completely...I emailed another LOC this week, and will probably be sending another LOR in soon. I really like the school, its just that I get the feeling that they wont get to my "number" on the waitlist bc of my low LSAT (even though I've seen lower #s non-URM then me get in ;)). Also, the dean I spoke with thinks they're going to have less withdrawals last minute bc of Feil Hall. I wrote on my Cardozo post the way the dean at BLS went through my file, etc etc...just a bad vibe.

BUT if given a chance to show my stuff (an admissions offer)...it'd be ON.