Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dating and Relationships (for Single Students Only)  (Read 1069 times)

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Dating and Relationships (for Single Students Only)
« on: June 13, 2004, 03:12:53 PM »

Any of you who are dating someone right now? What are you going to do when you move away for law school?  Break up....or...doing the long distance thing?

How's the dating scene for law students?  Do they usually date each other or do law students have the opportunity to date undergrads at the university as well?  Or is dating out of the question due to the tremedous amount of work?

NYBound05

Re: Dating and Relationships (for Single Students Only)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 01:31:27 AM »

Any of you who are dating someone right now? What are you going to do when you move away for law school?  Break up....or...doing the long distance thing?

I've been with my boyfriend for almost three years (3 yrs in August) and we will absolutely not break up for law school.  We're both going to law school in Fall 2005.  He's headed for D.C., while I intend to go to LS in New York.  We have no choice but to do "the long distance thing."  However, I don't think NY and DC are that far away...like 200 miles I think, which is what, 2 hours?  That's not far at all, especially for weekend umm.. love.  ;)

Plus, we both have Nextels so we'll use up our direct connect (national walkie-talkies) so we don't bust our phone bills.  I know it will be hard, especially since we're used to seeing each other almost everyday, but I kinda look at it as a test in our relationship.  When and if we sustain distance, I'll have no doubts.

Overall, I can't imagine why someone in a secure, happy, loving relationship would break up simply because of distance and/or law school.  I couldn't - I'm crazy about my baby, regardless of whether we're 200 or 200,000,000 miles away.  :)