Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What are my chances really?  (Read 1562 times)

KBella

• View Profile
    • Email
What are my chances really?
« on: July 07, 2005, 03:57:11 PM »
I hated my college, so my GPA sucks but I got at 174 on the LSAT.  What do you guys think? 

Unknown601

• View Profile
Re: What are my chances really?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 07:31:18 PM »
Well you're prob going to need to give a little more info to get any useful feedback. For instance, w/ your GPA, how low is low (rought estimate will prob work)? I can tell you though that many (most?) law schools pay more attention to LSAT then GPA and your 174 will really help you but again, how low was your GPA? The other thing that you should probably state is what schools you are looking at (or at least what KIND of schools).
Finally (and I cant believe that I'm actually going to be one of those wierd "keeping the order of the boards" people) you should probably post a question like this in the main "Where should I go next fall" board instead of it's "denials" sub-board. Lets try to stay positive here  :) .
Btw, none of this is to be critical. I'm just trying to help you get the info you're looking for. Good luck!  :)

Thomas 239

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 12:36:26 PM »
I agree with Unknown. :)

Some people talk about a 3.5 being low, for others, a 3.1 is low. Depends on what schools you're thinking of going to.

Whatever you do- don't even think about re-taking the LSAT. Good luck!
GPA: :/
LSAT: 171 (Oct. 05)

Abevigoda

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've been Kittled!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 12:47:57 PM »
Even with a GPA as low as 2.5 you still have a great shot a many schools in the first tier, if not most.  But we will need to know the GPA and any "soft" factors in order to make a more educated guess.  Try chiasu.com
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=abevigoda

Catholic University of America
Columbus School of Law