Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wanted: A good pair of athletic shoes.  (Read 545 times)

tracigu3

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - tracigu3@sbcglobal.net
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tracigu3
    • View Profile
    • Email
Wanted: A good pair of athletic shoes.
« on: July 07, 2005, 10:58:01 AM »
Anyone have a good suggestion for women's tennis shoes?  I'm in search of the perfect pair.  Currently, I have a pair of new balance and they're killing my feet.

tracigu3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wanted: A good pair of athletic shoes.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 11:35:57 AM »
OK-- No one likes my post :(  Please help me.  The shoes sales people know nothing!  I'm not very athletic, but I'm trying to be! and the darn shoes I have are hurting my baby toe!!!  I've just taken up tennis (my husband plays, so i'm learning) and I need a good pair of shoes.  Please advise...

fooseball22

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 11:38:22 AM »
the nike shox shoes are supposed to be great for balance...they have a specific line of shox for tennis i believe.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 12:36:12 PM »
i have terrible feet, and play in my mizunos only because I can't deal with flat tennis shoes.  they're awesome though.  no pain. 

If you have trouble with tennis shoes, go to a running room and get fitted properly.

BraveheartDC

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Tribe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 12:45:20 PM »
I am a man and have never shopped for women's athletic shoes.  But I felt bad that nobody shot you a good idea (besides Nike), so I am bouncing this to the top for you.  I am sure there are some fit ladies out there on LSD who could give some good advice. 
3.80 UGPA + 161 LSAT

Attending: William & Mary

Accepted off waitlist: William & Mary

Accepted: George Mason (withdrawn), University of Florida (withdrawn), Florida St. + $4K/YR (withdrawn), & American (withdrawn)

Waitlist: University of Virginia

Denied: Georgetown & University of Texas

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 12:52:43 PM »
yes mizuno! i just got a pair this weekend and they are awesome.

You really do need to go to a running store and have someone analyse you. It takes like 10 minutes- they watch you walk and run and then suggest different shoes to try. I picked the Mizunos over some Saucony (sp?) and Brooks shoes because Mizunos have a higher arch.

saucony's are great too, but heavier than mizuno.  For running, this heaviness sucks   ;)

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 01:36:51 PM »
Tracigu3, let's go shoe shopping this weekend. We'll find you some good shoes.

I personally love my Nike cross trainers, but don't like the Shox. I hated New Balance because the shape didn't work for my feet. For me, Reebok are hit or miss, I have to try on 70 pairs before I find a pair I like. And, for everyday comfortable wear, I wear Pumas.

tracigu3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 02:41:05 PM »
Thanks, Braveheart!

I've been doing some research and it seems that Saucony might be for me.  According to runnersworld.com and other sporty-type sites, they are good if you have wide feet- and I do.  My feet are kind of flat too.  Just imagine the most un-athletic un-coordinated foot possible, and you've got me.

Thanks for all your advice.  I have no idea where to begin.  I don't own a single pair of athletic shoes, not even a plain old pair of keds!  I wear high heels/professional shoes every day to work and sandals on the weekend. My new balances have been fine for exercising at the gym, but now that I'm attempting to play tennis I realize they are awful.

Scurvy, maybe we will go shoe shopping this weekend.  However, every summer Houston has a tax-free weekend for back-to-school shopping and I was thinking of waiting until then.