Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Terrorist Attack in London  (Read 3620 times)

Who's Crowdaddy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fuc% Y'all, I'm From Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Terrorist Attack in London
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2005, 11:31:41 AM »
Why does this validate Bush's war on terror? It seems to me that we are failing in Iraq, there have been attacks in London and Madrid. Where is the success? You mean that there haven't been attacks here. I would have to imagine that is strategy or choice as they obviously have the ability to do that here.

You might be right that it will rally support, but who knows. The bombing in Madrid didn't, it caused a leader that supported the US to get ousted.

People in that country may blame their leaders for going along with the US in the war. I really don't know, I am just suggesting that there is no guarantee that this will suddenly put all those countries in Europe on the US side.

This sucks, I hate waking up to this kind of news and I hope there were very few casualties.

Muse, you were asking why the kill innocents. Not really for chaos, it is about fear. Everyone in every Western country is probably a little more afraid that it could happen where they are any time. Although I suppose that could end up leading to some chaos, so that may be a part of it as well.
I fought the Law and the Law won

I am the Law

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2005, 11:34:22 AM »
If Paris had gotten the Olympics, and France was the country dealing with this instead of England, what do you think would be different?
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

howarddavis

• View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2005, 11:49:39 AM »
Everybody wait one damn second. Who has said it was Middle East/Al Qada/Muslim terrrorists? That website has not been proven at all, matter of fact during the London press conference they said they believed it to be a fake. We assumed the same thing when it came to the Oklahoma City bombing, Spain thought it was a seperatist group that did it in their country, etc etc. Do not just jump to conclusions. I hate it that we now just assume that something blows up and it must be "those damn Muslim terrorists". We are becoming just as closed minded as the extremist groups out there. That is what they want us to be so they can say, "hey look, they hate us for being Muslim. Our 'holy war' is correct". So everyone calm down (including me) and we unfortunately have to wait and see who really did this.
"one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer"
now that is a study break
http://howied.ebloggy.com

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2005, 11:59:54 AM »
Everybody wait one damn second. Who has said it was Middle East/Al Qada/Muslim terrrorists? That website has not been proven at all, matter of fact during the London press conference they said they believed it to be a fake. We assumed the same thing when it came to the Oklahoma City bombing, Spain thought it was a seperatist group that did it in their country, etc etc. Do not just jump to conclusions. I hate it that we now just assume that something blows up and it must be "those damn Muslim terrorists". We are becoming just as closed minded as the extremist groups out there. That is what they want us to be so they can say, "hey look, they hate us for being Muslim. Our 'holy war' is correct". So everyone calm down (including me) and we unfortunately have to wait and see who really did this.

Uh, OK... we'll just wait and see who really did this...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

faith2005

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2005, 01:06:39 PM »
um, thanks howarddavid. i think people definitely jump to conclusions really quickly. there was an episode of law and order on like this last night (not that the show relates to reality in anyway).

the issue of fear is exactly why innocent people are killed. its like, people become afraid and as a result force their government to act in a way that is favorable to the demands of the terrorists. i think timothy mcveigh had the same philosophy. like show the govt. who is really in charge and force them to act accordingly.

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2005, 01:14:53 PM »
Maybe we should ignore them, I mean really, if we acted as if it didn't matter then they would have no leg to stand on because what they want is to shock us and make us act/re-act to things. Let's just ignore them and then they won't have a means to their end, hehe, but we will.

howarddavis

• View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2005, 02:02:11 PM »
yes, ignore them, that is what i said... right... i said wait and see who really did it before just attacking people. im not saying they did not do it, im just saying we should not jump to conclusions about this...
"one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer"
now that is a study break
http://howied.ebloggy.com

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2005, 03:07:16 PM »
I am saying that we should ignore the terrorists. If we ignored them then their plan would have failed. They just want to be noticed and if people do not notice them they will feel stupid, just like if one of us were trying to get attention and the person never gave it to us, we would feel down and then stop doing whatever it was that we were doing, you know?

mivida2k

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2005, 03:37:58 PM »
Well I noticed that Dubya's stance on AIDS, Poverty and Global warming just changed.

My understanding is that Osama ordered the attack. 

The bombings were inevitable.
The president's approval rating has dropped to 33 percent, matching his low in May. His handling of nearly every issue, from the Iraq war to foreign policy, contributed to the president's decline around the nation, even in the Republican-friendly South.

be10dwn

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2005, 03:50:22 PM »
Well I noticed that Dubya's stance on AIDS, Poverty and Global warming just changed.

My understanding is that Osama ordered the attack. 

The bombings were inevitable.

I don't understan this post.