Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Terrorist Attack in London  (Read 3586 times)

social drinker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Terrorist Attack in London
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2005, 10:35:58 AM »
The really terrible thing was that the olympics was created to "stop" wars between countries.  Instead of hundreds of thousands of soldiers dying to prove which country was the greatest, the best athletes from each country would come to settle the score peacefully.  This is a sad day indeed.  Im still trying to get intouch with friends who I met this summer when I was travelling in Europe.

I really believe that this has much less to do with the Olympics than it has to do with the G8 summit.  It could be in response to both, however.

jakalski

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2005, 10:38:20 AM »
Call me an idealist but if these so called terrorist are trying to get their point across, why attack innocent people? Those Londoners are regular people just trying to live their lives. IN fact most Europeans are against US occupation in the Middle East, so why attack them? Right now I'm in Geneva and on the tram to the UN today a lot of people had a change of opinon on the US war on terror. This situation just infuriates me because incidents like in London just validates Bush's campaign on terrorism. IF these so called terrorist are acting in the name of "God" by hurting thousands of people, then maybe they should get hunted down like animals and locked away for the rest of their natural lives.

One of the problems is that people hate Bush so much that even after an attack like this they are infuriated that it validates the campaign on terror.  How about being infuriated that some group would do something like this!

Wake up ... the only way to beat the terrorists is to be unified. 

Trancer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Conan the Republican!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2005, 10:40:24 AM »
Its always easier to blame a single person than a group of people...  :-\ ... and I agree with your final thoughts.
Its not the size of the army that counts, its the fury of the onslaught.
Seton Hall, August 05

be10dwn

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2005, 10:40:48 AM »
Call me an idealist but if these so called terrorist are trying to get their point across, why attack innocent people? Those Londoners are regular people just trying to live their lives. IN fact most Europeans are against US occupation in the Middle East, so why attack them? Right now I'm in Geneva and on the tram to the UN today a lot of people had a change of opinon on the US war on terror. This situation just infuriates me because incidents like in London just validates Bush's campaign on terrorism. IF these so called terrorist are acting in the name of "God" by hurting thousands of people, then maybe they should get hunted down like animals and locked away for the rest of their natural lives.

One of the problems is that people hate Bush so much that even after an attack like this they are infuriated that it validates the campaign on terror.  How about being infuriated that some group would do something like this!

Wake up ... the only way to beat the terrorists is to be unified. 

Amen! Stop the petty bull political crap for two minutes already.

YoungIke

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2005, 10:59:48 AM »
My question is will Tony Blair follow in Bush's footsteps after we were attacked by Al Queda and pick a random country (i.e.. Iraq) to retaliate against. If he does I believe we will be obliged to support him militarily meaning we will be at war for a very long time to come.

be10dwn

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2005, 11:01:20 AM »
My question is will Tony Blair follow in Bush's footsteps after we were attacked by Al Queda and pick a random country (i.e.. Iraq) to retaliate against. If he does I believe we will be obliged to support him militarily meaning we will be at war for a very long time to come.

So you think Afghanistan was a random country?

YoungIke

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2005, 11:04:06 AM »
Not at all by all means we should be there and should have held on to Bin Laden family here to find the dude, but we are a country of human rights  ;). I do believe that the hype of al queda and afganistan gave Bush the extra poll boost to oust Sadaam without having to explain it as clear as he may have had to without 9/11.

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2005, 11:16:33 AM »
I think it's time to stop bickering over what got us to this sad state of world affairs and come together to deal with it.  Because in the end, which is more important, being right or being safe? 

I'm in the military.  I wasn't thrilled about going to war with Iraq (and all the lives lost) so I didn't vote for Bush in 04.  That being said, Bush is our president and we are in Iraq for the long haul.  Let's work with what we have and where we are rather than debating what should have been and who's right and who's wrong.  It gets us nowhere.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

YoungIke

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2005, 11:21:50 AM »
Agreed

I think it's time to stop bickering over what got us to this sad state of world affairs and come together to deal with it. Because in the end, which is more important, being right or being safe?

I'm in the military. I wasn't thrilled about going to war with Iraq (and all the lives lost) so I didn't vote for Bush in 04. That being said, Bush is our president and we are in Iraq for the long haul. Let's work with what we have and where we are rather than debating what should have been and who's right and who's wrong. It gets us nowhere.

be10dwn

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2005, 11:24:49 AM »
Agreed

I think it's time to stop bickering over what got us to this sad state of world affairs and come together to deal with it. Because in the end, which is more important, being right or being safe?

I'm in the military. I wasn't thrilled about going to war with Iraq (and all the lives lost) so I didn't vote for Bush in 04. That being said, Bush is our president and we are in Iraq for the long haul. Let's work with what we have and where we are rather than debating what should have been and who's right and who's wrong. It gets us nowhere.

Very much agreed.  I was in the Air Force until December and voted lbertarian for the last 12 years.