Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Forget who you want to win, who has the best chance?

Hillary Clinton
 12 (38.7%)
George Allen
 3 (9.7%)
Newt Gingrich
 2 (6.5%)
John Kerry
 0 (0%)
Howard Dean
 1 (3.2%)
John McCain
 12 (38.7%)
Joseph Biden
 0 (0%)
Bill Frist
 1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: July 16, 2005, 03:14:10 PM

Author Topic: Who has the best chance in 2008?  (Read 6439 times)

Omegaman

• Sr. Citizen
  • Say it Loud! We're Black & Republican & Proud!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Who has the best chance in 2008?
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2005, 05:23:56 PM »
Ike, are you a protege of Omega or something?  I think you're saying substantive things but I'm having a hard time wading through the spelling/grammar.  Let's present ourselves just a tad better than that, okay? Thanks. :)

Girrrrrl. You know you are wroooong for that!!! See finally he are 2 young Black Men, you could build with, claiming brothas dont be feelin' you and the whole nine. And how do respond??
With insults.>:( WTF!!! We have respect and admiration for you, and despite the democratic, thang i never insulted you. See, i hate to say this but im going to have to, this is the stuff that drives black men to white women!!!!!!!!!
Send a PM, next time. This brotha has done anything to deserve being called out in public like that. Me, well, yeah maybe.

I knew I was wrong for it, but it had to be said.  You know there are a lot of lurkers on this board who are looking on here searching for reasons that we aren't qualified to go to law school, etc.  Maybe I shouldn't be worried about it, but all the same it gets embarrassing to see my people up in here acting like I-don't-know-what.  I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't believe both of y'all can do a better than that.  I definitely know how smart you are.  No one's asking for perfection, just a little proofreading.

If you want a White girl who puts up with whatever you dish out, go right ahead.  I want a literate man so I guess that makes us even. ::)

I feel what your saying. I know i need to proof read more, As far as the other comment, its not about putting up with anything, it's about discretion, and etiquette.
sincerely & with unconditional Love,
Omegaman

YoungIke

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2005, 07:51:56 AM »
My bad (As if this is good grammer) but I was tryin to get that last post in b4 I left work. Not tryin' to mess up the stelo of the board but I just did not have time to cut an paste to word like the kid does of the often  ;D

On the contrary I do agree that we need to present ourselves in a scholarly manner when we are representative of a minority in an educational environment. This being said I will make sure to represent my self accordingly in the future. As for being governor, itís just an issue of precedence and also delectability. I do agree with voting on your principles, but you are doing yourself a disservice when you vote for a good candidate but can't convince others to do the same. Politics is nothing but collective bargaining for the common good of a group. I closure, I believe that Chaney was icing on the cake but Bush did not have to pick Chaney for the purpose of being elected. He is from Texas and the Electoral College system is set up to give states a vote not people so by shear fact that he could win the big states gave him the advantage anyway. Thatís what being the governor of the right state can do for you in a presidential election.

Ike, are you a protege of Omega or something? I think you're saying substantive things but I'm having a hard time wading through the spelling/grammar. Let's present ourselves just a tad better than that, okay? Thanks. :)

What does being Governor have to do with being elected President? I can understand why it might be a useful qualification, but I hardly think the American people say to themselves, "I can't vote for him; he was never a governor." I am sure Edwards can find someone with the experience and gravitas (read: an old head) to thicken up the ticket. Who expected Bush to come up with Cheney?

As for Biden, yeah he's definitely a cocky arse. But you're trying to tell me if he loses the Primary he will be too proud to settle for a VP nod? I don't think so...

And anyway, friends, whatever happened to voting your principles? I know some of us got burned in 2000 doing that, but we're not professional political strategists and shouldn't try to engineer voting patterns like we are. I vote Edwards because I believe in his vision for America. Dems screwed up the last time picking Kerry because he was "electable." Now look where we are. How about voting for the person who makes you passionate?

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2005, 07:58:38 AM »
Umm, if you recall correctly, Bush did NOT win all of the big states. He won mostly the little states.

YoungIke

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2005, 08:05:13 AM »
I would have to disagree, however he did loss a lot of small populous states.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/
click here to see map

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2005, 08:10:49 AM »
California and Hew YOrk are HUGE states (many electoral votes) Bush lost them.

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2005, 08:12:39 AM »
Read your own sites:
"However, as pointed out by many others, this is misleading because it fails to take into account the fact that most of the red states have small populations, whereas most of the blue states have large ones. The blue may be small in area, but they are large in terms of numbers of people, which is what matters in an election. "

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2005, 08:27:10 AM »
I did not mean THAT comment was referring to it, I was just making fun of the people that voted for him cause he is cute, I wasnt even talking to HER specifically.
Sheesh.

um yeah. good one.  then who were you refering to when you said "dearie"?
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2005, 08:27:37 AM »
Oh how cute, just becauase you think Edwards is Hott you think he'll make a good pres, are you 15 deary?
clever
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

YoungIke

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2005, 08:35:44 AM »

click here to see map

That was what i said.
Read your own sites:
"However, as pointed out by many others, this is misleading because it fails to take into account the fact that most of the red states have small populations, whereas most of the blue states have large ones. The blue may be small in area, but they are large in terms of numbers of people, which is what matters in an election. "

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2005, 08:41:06 AM »
And I said that Bush lost most of the big states and won mostly small states and then you said that I am wrong. Maybe you should read my posts then and not be so quick to argue about things that are agreed upon.
Umm, if you recall correctly, Bush did NOT win all of the big states. He won mostly the little states.

click here to see map

You disagreed with me saying that Bush did not win many large states, meaning that you were saying he DID win many large states.
"He is from Texas and the Electoral College system is set up to give states a vote not people so by shear fact that he could win the big states gave him the advantage anyway. " This is what you said, which you were saying that Bush had the advantage with the big states, and he did NOT.