Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Forget who you want to win, who has the best chance?

Hillary Clinton
 12 (38.7%)
George Allen
 3 (9.7%)
Newt Gingrich
 2 (6.5%)
John Kerry
 0 (0%)
Howard Dean
 1 (3.2%)
John McCain
 12 (38.7%)
Joseph Biden
 0 (0%)
Bill Frist
 1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: July 16, 2005, 03:14:10 PM

Author Topic: Who has the best chance in 2008?  (Read 6457 times)

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Who has the best chance in 2008?
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2005, 04:28:31 PM »
Well, superocd said that Obama was "used" to woo Black voters.  You then defended him by saying that Obama was "used", and that people only care about his skin color when they see him.  Is your argument then, that White, Asian and Latino voters would give more loyalty to the Dems because of Obama's Black skin?  The DNC "used" Obama to woo non-Black ethnicities?  Or, if he was "used", did they use him to attract BLACK voters, as Superocd suggests?  Or are you just saying that all voters care only about Obama's skin color?  And if so, why do they care at all?  Native American voters are probably not wooed to the Dems because we have a Black man on board.

Or should I have interpreted your response to be directed toward my question as to WHY the DNC chose a half-Kenyan, half-White person to woo Black voters?  Since both Superocd and I were discussing Obama's appeal to Black voters, perhaps you should have been more specific in your response.

Dang, that Keyes picture was kinda large, huh?  Yikes. :o

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2005, 04:32:41 PM »
I guess I should have been more specific. I was talking about the second point you were making. Sorry about that.
But I do think that NOW especially he would be used, beforehand I think he was just the speaker they chose, whatever, and then when he turned out to be someone that people liked they realized that they could use him even more at that.
I saw him in the hallways of the House office buildings, he aint nothing, just like everyone else walking around there.

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2005, 04:38:46 PM »
I guess I should have been more specific. I was talking about the second point you were making. Sorry about that.
But I do think that NOW especially he would be used, beforehand I think he was just the speaker they chose, whatever, and then when he turned out to be someone that people liked they realized that they could use him even more at that.
I saw him in the hallways of the House office buildings, he aint nothing, just like everyone else walking around there.

Hateration? ;)  Nahh, he's not God or anything, but I don't think he has to be.  It's wrong to get mad at him and say "he ain't nothing" when he's not even propping himself up or saying he should run for Pres in '08.  Acknowledge that he has a lot of potential and see what happens.  Clinton wasn't much of nothing either when he spoke at the DNC in '88, then 4 yrs later he was the nominee.