Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Forget who you want to win, who has the best chance?

Hillary Clinton
 12 (38.7%)
George Allen
 3 (9.7%)
Newt Gingrich
 2 (6.5%)
John Kerry
 0 (0%)
Howard Dean
 1 (3.2%)
John McCain
 12 (38.7%)
Joseph Biden
 0 (0%)
Bill Frist
 1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: July 16, 2005, 03:14:10 PM

Author Topic: Who has the best chance in 2008?  (Read 6409 times)

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Who has the best chance in 2008?
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005, 12:46:34 PM »
Why should Edwards stand alone? What's so becoming of him? Haven't even heard anything about him lately anyways.

lex19

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 12:51:18 PM »
edwards brings as much to the table as any of the other candidates, which was learned in the primaries, and he def has a better chance of going all the way than clinton, dean, or kerry....

also i think anyone who actually can see a woman being elected in 2008 or 2048 needs to realize what country/society we're living in

but that's just me

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2005, 12:52:46 PM »
I dont see a woman being elected anytime soon, especially Clinton or Rice. I am Rep and would NEVER vote for Rice and many probably feel the same as I do, more young people want her to run, but the thing is they don't vote so it doesnt matter.

lex19

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2005, 01:00:06 PM »
i'm with you vinny on clinton or rice running, i also think they would be made a mockery of, but again that's just me

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2005, 01:02:53 PM »
There are too many I hate Hillary fan clubs and Rice is part of the Bush admin which will not go over well with a majority, at least that's what Ithink. Even some R are against the war, they probably wouldn't vote for her (at least I don't think so, especially the ones against nation-building)

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2005, 01:12:34 PM »
In your eyes. At least people like George Allen are getting more exposure/

YoungIke

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2005, 01:21:08 PM »
I didnít put Edwards on the list because I have not heard him make any public interest yet although I may be wrong. Myself having done Undergrad in NC I love Edwards myself however I do not see him going to far for the main reason that he is not supported by his state in the least. NC is a strong red state this was evident when Clinton chief of Staff Erskine Bowles ran for NC senate in 04 and lost to Richard Burr who by the way only has a undergrad degree from Wake and was relatively unknown. Edwards couldnít even endorse Bowles because it would hurt him in the NC to endorse someone who was so attached to Clinton. Edwards actually snuck into the senate on a special election and resigned to run for president because he knew he would not be re-elected in conservative North Carolina. However, If Edwards can somehow manage to get re-elected to the senate or Governer of NC perhaps he would be a shoe in for president if he then ran.

edwards brings as much to the table as any of the other candidates, which was learned in the primaries, and he def has a better chance of going all the way than clinton, dean, or kerry....

also i think anyone who actually can see a woman being elected in 2008 or 2048 needs to realize what country/society we're living in

but that's just me

YoungIke

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2005, 01:26:54 PM »
As for Hillary, if she manages to win the nomination she would be at a disadvantage being a woman. They expect her to be over the top liberal and you can't do that and swing an election. She would then loose her base for what they may call "Selling out" and the moderate and conservative voter would be split and sad to say but only due to her gender, this would allow the republican candidate to play to his base and swing moderates due to Hillary having getting bad press from hard lefter due to her ever increasing moderate views that seems to be distancing her more and more from the strong left.

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2005, 01:32:05 PM »
She should just face the music. It's over for her.

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2005, 02:08:35 PM »
In your eyes. At least people like George Allen are getting more exposure/

So exposure=activity? 

I never said he is getting the exposure he is due; I said he is very active.  People talking about poverty never get exposure.