Law School Discussion

Re: DC Law Forum July 23
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 06:01:25 PM »
I think that it all depends on the school.  I went to the forum in Chicago last September and I saw all of the above as representatives answering questions.  UPenn had an actual adcomm there, I believe.  On the other hand, NYU had two student reps if I recall correctly.  All in all, its a great place to gather some info.  Oh, and if anyone is applying to NU and needs an interview, they were scheduling them.

HTH

funny1x2

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 05:45:10 PM »
do they give out applications for the upcoming year?

verbal213

• Go crazy folks, go crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2005, 06:22:05 PM »
I am going now.  Am I right to assume that it's a business casual type thing?

verb

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2005, 10:11:06 PM »
I am going now.  Am I right to assume that it's a business casual type thing?

verb

Yes - do NOT, under any circumstances, dress in normal street clothes.  No suit and tie either, but business casual is expected. 

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2005, 06:22:49 AM »
I'm going...hoping to get a feel for what the schools are like, since many are too far to visit unless accepted. Also bringing a resume that highlights my "soft" factors, so hopefully if Adcomms are there, I can get somewhat of a feel for where I stand.

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2005, 04:14:41 PM »
do they give out applications for the upcoming year?

Only if they are out for that school.

kaest4

• If your ship hasn't come in, Swim out to IT.
    • MSN Messenger - kaest4@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - kaest42000@yahoo.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2005, 05:09:49 PM »
I'm going to just look around and talk to both school reps and other future law students.

So everyone in Atlanta on Oct. 14.

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2005, 10:08:50 PM »
Well I just got back from DC. It was a pretty cool Forum, although CRAZY busy.

I'm pretty excited though, Wake Forest pretty much said I'm getting $$$ and Vandy said I stand a good shot at $$$. Which means, I def. should get in both schools if I dont blow the PS. YAY!

::)

slangforchris

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2005, 09:28:05 AM »
The forum in Chicago isn't until September.  What is the point of this thing, anyway?  Are there actually addcomm reps there to gauge your chances of admission?

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2005, 10:25:02 AM »
There was just about every ABA law school there, from Harvard to Cooley. It's a great chance to talk to the Adcomms about the school, ask questions, get brochures, and (even though LSAC materials passed out at the Forum said not to...), you can ask them about your chances of admission. Of course, I would think this is easier for them to discuss if you are pretty likely to get in versus borderline.

The way I look at it, if you can stay in contact with the Adcomms so they put a face with a name, that would seem to be good when your app and resume, etc., comes in front of the admissions committee.