Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Syracuse  (Read 1093 times)

mvp

• View Profile
    • Email
Syracuse
« on: July 06, 2005, 12:06:30 PM »
Ya,

Anyone going to Syracuse feel free to get in touch with me.  I have not made any sort of decision yet, but my most likely destination is upstate ny (although it is a bit too cold for my likings).  I know nothing about the school in general or the town.  Would love to discuss the orangemen with any other entering 1L's.

Toodles,
mVp
I can resist anything but temptation
         -Oscar Wilde

bucknelllawbound

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Syracuse
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 09:56:20 AM »
I am headed there!

Jaimalia82

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 10:27:38 AM »
I'm not going to Syracuse, but I've lived in upstate NY all of my life, so feel free to shoot any general questions my way (never lived in Syracuse though- only the Rochester and Albany areas).

lion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 10:11:12 PM »
i live here and applied here also.  has anyone applied?  post if you get any decisions. 

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 01:46:47 PM »
I applied there!! I'm still waiting for a decision, How long did they take for you guys?! I sent it out 10/24/05
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 12:50:36 PM »
I went there for UG, and to be honest, wasn't thrilled with the place.  As you may have heard, the "city" stinks.  Very industrial wasteland.  The snow thing sounded nice before I actually got there (skiing! sledding!).  It was not nice when combined with 30 mph gusts of wind while walking to class.  Campus authorities pretty much clamped down on anything resembling fun after the Livingston riot during my freshman year.  The funky bohemian coffee shop was forced out by Starbucks, also during my freshman year.  Communal space narrowed down to a few bars overcrowded with greeks who were the worst drunks EVER.

Classes were hit-or-miss... some Arts and Sciences classes were built for morons.  Newhouse and Maxwell were better.  I did take one law class, which I enjoyed, so perhaps that bodes well.  The law building is pretty new. 

And, of course, bball and football lovers will be happy, though I'm still mad about the high cost of tickets.

I am officially a law school graduate : )