Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Should i even bother now?  (Read 1086 times)

blondelawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Should i even bother now?
« on: July 05, 2005, 12:18:54 PM »
I had to make a call to check on a change in an application fee for a school I am applying to... long story short, since I was rejected by this school before and I wanted to know the exact reasons (i knew, but I wanted to hear it from them)..So I asked, and the gentleman who answered the phone looked up my file (I assumed it was an admissions assistant), and started asking me pointed questions-- almost like an interview.. I was caught so off-guard, and I even said, "I wasn't prepared to have this long of a conversation (I am at work)" Well, it turns out it was the DEAN of admissions (why he was answering the phones, I don't know)..

I felt like I kind of babbled, saying things like "I want this, I KNOW I can do this- I have the drive, yada, yada, yada" He said he was going to look up my file and get back to me (who knows)...

I feel so stupid because 1.)I had no idea I would be talking to the dean directly, and 2.)felt like I groveled... He seemed very nice on the phone- I got no "vibe" from him either way..

Should I even bother re-applying now? He "knows" who I am...

"Do you think she got up one morning and said, 'I think I'll go to law school today'?"

plutoeyore

• Sr. Citizen
  • My four babies and my reason for everything!
    • View Profile
Re: Should i even bother now?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 12:22:50 PM »
I don't see how it could hurt. Honestly, if you want to go there ... GO for it!
Stats:  Berkeley GPA 3.53(3.54), LSAT 156
Attending:  Golden Gate(p/t)
Ding: Santa Clara University

nascjacket

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=nascjacket
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 12:23:14 PM »
If anything this is a good thing.  At the very least you made the dean aware of who you are in a neutral way.  That is usually good.  The more they know about you, hear your voice, etc. the more you are like a person and not just a bunch of numbers.  That is ALMOST ALWAYS a good thing.

blondelawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 12:27:24 PM »
If anything this is a good thing.  At the very least you made the dean aware of who you are in a neutral way.  That is usually good.  The more they know about you, hear your voice, etc. the more you are like a person and not just a bunch of numbers.  That is ALMOST ALWAYS a good thing.

Yes, but I felt like i was so inarticulate... I even had to put him on hold TWICE (phone kept ringing)... Oh well, I said I wouldn't go down without a fight... I was just not in inteview mode, if that makes sense...

I am sure I made an "impression"...Whether that is good or bad is yet to be seen...
"Do you think she got up one morning and said, 'I think I'll go to law school today'?"

nascjacket

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=nascjacket
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 01:25:54 PM »
Yes, but I felt like i was so inarticulate... I even had to put him on hold TWICE (phone kept ringing)... Oh well, I said I wouldn't go down without a fight... I was just not in inteview mode, if that makes sense...

I am sure I made an "impression"...Whether that is good or bad is yet to be seen...

I'm sure he understands you were at work and weren't prepared for an interview.

cassise

• Sr. Citizen
  • To eliminate any confusion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cassise0414
    • View Profile
    • My journey to law school starting soph year
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 01:28:58 PM »

May I ask what school?  I would bet a dean at a school that has a large amount of part time\non traditional students probebally wouldn't even blink at something like this.

blondelawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 01:47:18 PM »
I hope..I told my friend (who is a 3L there) and he was pretty upset by the fact that this person put me on the spot..Oh well... Maybe it did help.

John Galt

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2005, 02:31:23 PM »
I hope..I told my friend (who is a 3L there) and he was pretty upset by the fact that this person put me on the spot..Oh well... Maybe it did help.

you should really get off this board and go study for the LSAT. We're all pulling for you here, but you gotta put in the time if you want to raise your score.

blondelawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 04:11:29 PM »

you should really get off this board and go study for the LSAT. We're all pulling for you here, but you gotta put in the time if you want to raise your score.

I appreciate your support- but I am at work, and unfortunately I cannot study at work (yes, I even asked my boss)..They don't care if I am online (go figure), but they don't want me reading books at my desk..So that is why I am online from the 9-5 hours. I do most of my studying after 6pm..

blondelawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2005, 04:13:34 PM »
and I work at a law firm..i don't think the attorneys want to be reminded of the LSAT. :)