Law School Discussion

LIVING IN THE "OOH'S"

faith2005

Re: LIVING IN THE "OOH'S"
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 12:10:30 PM »
wow, you know what? i am also really afraid of stuff like that happening if i am abroad. they don't play around in most african countries, they'll lock you up and throw away the key.

i think college is the biggest thing that has happened to me in the 2000's. i know, i'm young :) getting a chance to spend time abroad seriously changed my life as well regal. i can only imagine what traveling like that at 15 would have done to my world outlook.

elegantpearl01

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 05:12:33 PM »
Muse, that's deep...I guess my whole experience in the 2000s has centered around my disillusionment with the legal profession. It's not quite what I thought it was. And I've learned that its the sort of profession that can impact your health and personal relationships greatly. I've been so stressed at different points that I had a migraine for a month (no lie), I have also developed high blood pressure and fibroid tumors. But aside from that, I feel really bad for neglecting my family and friends because my career sucks up all of my time. 

Muse

• I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
    • Yeah I have one...like everyone else.
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 06:16:40 AM »
Damn soror, that doesn't sound too good. My cousin's classmate from Stanford quit the legal profession after only year to persue her artistic aspirations and she's never been happier. I heard lawyers are 10 times most likely to suffer from depression next to doctors. I know you work 80+ hours a week soror but you should seriously take some "personal time" out. No human being can work like a slave without suffering for it mentally, physically, and even spritutally.

lex19

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 07:40:37 AM »
seeing hip-hop and black culture spread throughout American society has been the biggest thing for me so far in the 000H's, it's crazy to think 6 years ago the only time you could hear hip hop on MTV would be when Jams aired or that VH1 will air speacials on Lil' Kim & Eve.....

elegantpearl01

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 04:18:48 PM »
Damn soror, that doesn't sound too good. My cousin's classmate from Stanford quit the legal profession after only year to persue her artistic aspirations and she's never been happier. I heard lawyers are 10 times most likely to suffer from depression next to doctors. I know you work 80+ hours a week soror but you should seriously take some "personal time" out. No human being can work like a slave without suffering for it mentally, physically, and even spritutally.

I feel you soror..I admire your cousin's classmate, because it's hard to make that move. One of my friends from law school just quit her job at a big law firm in Miami and took a job at the state attorney's office. She's very happy now. I think we all come to a cross roads in the career...I am thinking now about what I ultimately want to do.

Muse

• I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
    • Yeah I have one...like everyone else.
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2005, 08:50:33 AM »
Well soror have you thought about working as a legal advisor at an NGO or go in house? Most of the attorneys i know who go in house work great hours and make the six figures. Making crazy bank isn't worth losing your sanity.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2005, 09:29:04 PM »
down at the wtc...these fools are trying to get artsy fartsy...aye say go sucx an egg...no hating down by battery park city..

a museum with negative american displays...fine just back the fuch out of the neighbor hood...they are truly bubleclyde fuchhaz!