Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LIVING IN THE "OOH'S"  (Read 1557 times)

faith2005

Re: LIVING IN THE "OOH'S"
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 02:10:30 PM »
wow, you know what? i am also really afraid of stuff like that happening if i am abroad. they don't play around in most african countries, they'll lock you up and throw away the key.

i think college is the biggest thing that has happened to me in the 2000's. i know, i'm young :) getting a chance to spend time abroad seriously changed my life as well regal. i can only imagine what traveling like that at 15 would have done to my world outlook.

elegantpearl01

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 07:12:33 PM »
Muse, that's deep...I guess my whole experience in the 2000s has centered around my disillusionment with the legal profession. It's not quite what I thought it was. And I've learned that its the sort of profession that can impact your health and personal relationships greatly. I've been so stressed at different points that I had a migraine for a month (no lie), I have also developed high blood pressure and fibroid tumors. But aside from that, I feel really bad for neglecting my family and friends because my career sucks up all of my time. 

Muse

• Sr. Citizen
  • I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
    • Yeah I have one...like everyone else.
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 08:16:40 AM »
Damn soror, that doesn't sound too good. My cousin's classmate from Stanford quit the legal profession after only year to persue her artistic aspirations and she's never been happier. I heard lawyers are 10 times most likely to suffer from depression next to doctors. I know you work 80+ hours a week soror but you should seriously take some "personal time" out. No human being can work like a slave without suffering for it mentally, physically, and even spritutally.
Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No ulterior motives. No hidden meanings. An absence of hypocrisy, duplicity, political games, and verbal superficiality. As honesty and real integrity characterize our lives, there will be no need to manipulate others.--Chuck Swindoll

lex19

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 09:40:37 AM »
seeing hip-hop and black culture spread throughout American society has been the biggest thing for me so far in the 000H's, it's crazy to think 6 years ago the only time you could hear hip hop on MTV would be when Jams aired or that VH1 will air speacials on Lil' Kim & Eve.....

elegantpearl01

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 06:18:48 PM »
Damn soror, that doesn't sound too good. My cousin's classmate from Stanford quit the legal profession after only year to persue her artistic aspirations and she's never been happier. I heard lawyers are 10 times most likely to suffer from depression next to doctors. I know you work 80+ hours a week soror but you should seriously take some "personal time" out. No human being can work like a slave without suffering for it mentally, physically, and even spritutally.

I feel you soror..I admire your cousin's classmate, because it's hard to make that move. One of my friends from law school just quit her job at a big law firm in Miami and took a job at the state attorney's office. She's very happy now. I think we all come to a cross roads in the career...I am thinking now about what I ultimately want to do.

Muse

• Sr. Citizen
  • I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
    • Yeah I have one...like everyone else.
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2005, 10:50:33 AM »
Well soror have you thought about working as a legal advisor at an NGO or go in house? Most of the attorneys i know who go in house work great hours and make the six figures. Making crazy bank isn't worth losing your sanity.
Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No ulterior motives. No hidden meanings. An absence of hypocrisy, duplicity, political games, and verbal superficiality. As honesty and real integrity characterize our lives, there will be no need to manipulate others.--Chuck Swindoll

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2005, 11:29:04 PM »
down at the wtc...these fools are trying to get artsy fartsy...aye say go sucx an egg...no hating down by battery park city..

a museum with negative american displays...fine just back the fuch out of the neighbor hood...they are truly bubleclyde fuchhaz!
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare