Law School Discussion

Noo books allowed in testing room?

M2

Noo books allowed in testing room?
« on: June 12, 2004, 10:57:18 AM »
So i wanted to bring a book to read on the long subway ride there, but it looks liek they will confiscate it???
And on top of that they aren't responsible for confiscated devices?!

Candidates are not permitted to bring into the testing room the following devices: ear plugs, books, papers of any kind, calculators, rulers, listening devices, cellular phones, recording or photographic devices, pagers, beepers, headsets, and/or other electronic devices. Supervisors are instructed to collect all prohibited devices that are brought into the testing room until the exam is finished. LSAC and LSAT testing staff will not be responsible for confiscated devices.

Re: Noo books allowed in testing room?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 11:07:47 AM »
What the hell?  So we're all just suppose to stare at the wall from 12:30-1:30 while they finish up the administrative crap?

nathanielmark

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 11:10:16 AM »
i do believe that is the case.  i think if you have a book in your bag you should be ok, but it prob depends on the proctor.  i dont think you can read before the test though, which does suck.  i guess take the time to pray or meditate, anything other then worry about the test.

jgruber

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 01:46:37 PM »
I don't think they would confiscate it, but you could just ask them to hold it for you.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 03:25:06 PM »
So absolutely no cell phones?  Not even after they've checked that it's off?  That so cruel, force you to bring coins for phone calls.

shadowcreeper

• LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 05:25:46 PM »
I am just going to bring my cell phone and put it into a backpack or something. They cant make you empty out your bags, as long as it is off and out of sight, it will not matter if you have it on you.

jgruber

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2004, 05:54:49 PM »
I suspect that they can make you empty out your bags.  You signed a contract when you applied to take the LSAT.  Check the fine print.

I am just going to bring my cell phone and put it into a backpack or something. They cant make you empty out your bags, as long as it is off and out of sight, it will not matter if you have it on you.

shadowcreeper

• LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2004, 08:17:54 PM »
I took the test last year, they did not check the bags that were brought into the room.

I suppose they could do it, but I think the time that it would take for them to make everyone dump everything out of their bags and pull everything out of their pockets would be insane. Plus it could make a mess, I cant imagine how much loose change would fall out of my bags alone.

I would probably walk out and not take the test if someone told me I had to dump the contents in my purse out on a desk...but that is just me.