Law School Discussion

National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)

Roxie

• Who wants a clean house!?!?!?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2005, 02:50:49 PM »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D LMAO!!! I go to/work at a white church.  Service is exactly 1 hour.  Any longer than that, and they have to start paying us all overtime!!! ;D

Mo - that's enough church for the next month....now you don't have to go back for a while. ;)

LMAO.  How's everybody?  Can y'all believe I just got out of church? Yes folks, today's service was 5 1/2 hrs.  I had to take a break in between.  With devotion, offering, 8 sermons, 1 teaching, altar call, communion and foot-washing...utterly ridiculous.

that's why you need to go to a white church...they end on the dot.  the associate pastors will start grumbling about missing out on the Sizzler special if you spend too long at the alter

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2005, 05:21:56 PM »
I'll pray for you Mob..

sounds like the church that i grew up in in Chicago... sunday school at 9:30...service started at 11 and wouldn't end til 1:45... :'(

when i got my own car i started going to a different church to their early morning services at 8.. you know with certainty that you'd be out before 11 because there was also an 11:00 service...

now i watch that same pastor on Sunday mornings.. gotta love the 30 minute sermons on tv from the comfort of my own home ;D

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2005, 09:57:44 PM »
LMAO.  How's everybody?  Can y'all believe I just got out of church? Yes folks, today's service was 5 1/2 hrs.  I had to take a break in between.  With devotion, offering, 8 sermons, 1 teaching, altar call, communion and foot-washing...utterly ridiculous.

Man, that's like the church I grew up in. All Sunday was spent at church. And then "breakfast" at 3pm when it was all done.

My mom would let me stay out as late as I wanted on Saturday nights as long as I could get up for church on Sunday and stay awake. Then chores afterwards. No napping! I learned to come home at a decent time. A 3-hour sermon will make you realize just how tired you really are!