Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)  (Read 1142 times)

Roxie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Who wants a clean house!?!?!?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2005, 04:50:49 PM »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D LMAO!!! I go to/work at a white church.  Service is exactly 1 hour.  Any longer than that, and they have to start paying us all overtime!!! ;D

Mo - that's enough church for the next month....now you don't have to go back for a while. ;)

LMAO.  How's everybody?  Can y'all believe I just got out of church? Yes folks, today's service was 5 1/2 hrs.  I had to take a break in between.  With devotion, offering, 8 sermons, 1 teaching, altar call, communion and foot-washing...utterly ridiculous.

that's why you need to go to a white church...they end on the dot.  the associate pastors will start grumbling about missing out on the Sizzler special if you spend too long at the alter
Think before you speak.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2005, 07:21:56 PM »
I'll pray for you Mob..

sounds like the church that i grew up in in Chicago... sunday school at 9:30...service started at 11 and wouldn't end til 1:45... :'(

when i got my own car i started going to a different church to their early morning services at 8.. you know with certainty that you'd be out before 11 because there was also an 11:00 service...

now i watch that same pastor on Sunday mornings.. gotta love the 30 minute sermons on tv from the comfort of my own home ;D
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2005, 11:57:44 PM »
LMAO.  How's everybody?  Can y'all believe I just got out of church? Yes folks, today's service was 5 1/2 hrs.  I had to take a break in between.  With devotion, offering, 8 sermons, 1 teaching, altar call, communion and foot-washing...utterly ridiculous.

Man, that's like the church I grew up in. All Sunday was spent at church. And then "breakfast" at 3pm when it was all done.

My mom would let me stay out as late as I wanted on Saturday nights as long as I could get up for church on Sunday and stay awake. Then chores afterwards. No napping! I learned to come home at a decent time. A 3-hour sermon will make you realize just how tired you really are!