Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Accommodations......Americans with Disabilities  (Read 492 times)

grr766_Greg

• Me, Myself & I
    • View Profile
    • My 360 Yahoo Blog
LSAT Accommodations......Americans with Disabilities
« on: July 01, 2005, 01:28:44 PM »
Has anyone known of someone or them self that got accommodations for the LSAT to take the test and how hard was it for them to get the accommodations and did they score well?? (Readers for the test...etc.)

One other thing did they take the LSAT test before the accommodations and then after and how was there scores??

Thanks,
"Whereas the law is passionless, passion must ever sway the heart of man." - Aristotle

zerofact0r

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT Accommodations......Americans with Disabilities
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 01:34:42 PM »
Okay, definetely have to edit this reply because of this: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050701/ap_on_re_us/shark_attacks

I don't REALLY want to jinx my vacation   

laur0212

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L, yay!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Laur0212
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 01:37:50 PM »
I was considering trying to get extra time or something because of my ADD (all through college I was given priority registration, note-takers if I wanted them, and extra time on exams if I felt I needed it) but the LSAC has REALLY restrictive guidelines for getting extra time so I opted against it.  I would have had to go through an entire psych eval just for them to consider giving me extra time.  I decided it wasn't worth it.  Maybe I would have done better (for instance, maybe I would have finished the reading comp, which probably would have brought my score up by at least 3 points), but I'm happy with my score so I guess it all worked out.

burr33

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 01:52:26 PM »
I was pretty much in the same boat as laur0212.  I have had a complete evaluation done within the last 2 years, so I'm fairly confident I could have gotten extra time on the test.  However, I chose not to get the extra time in order to prove to the adcomms that I could succeed in the law school environment. 

However, timed exams were never really my problem.  My problems have always been focusing in class, completing assignments, keeping appointments, showing up on time to things, etc.

Final Score w/o accomodations: 168.

I'm fairly confident I could have scored 180ish with extra time.

ccorsi

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 02:25:50 PM »

So could a lot of other people depending on how much 'time'

C2

mark_ede

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 02:38:18 PM »
I have a friend who did it Accommodated (not extra time I think, it's just that he ahs a motor issue that makes it difficult for him to "bubble" properly). It's a matter of having the requisite documentation.

burr33

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 04:04:27 PM »

So could a lot of other people depending on how much 'time'

C2

Thats not the point.  The point is I could have easily gotten extra time, and chose not to.  Most people don't have the documentation to get extra time.