Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: When will you stop Waiting?  (Read 1681 times)

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
When will you stop Waiting?
« on: June 30, 2005, 10:23:48 PM »
This is a question I have not decided for myself.  As time goes on I am losing hope for my WL school, and beginning to attach emotionally more to my committed school.  I am also annoyed of getting asked every day by coworkers if I have heard anything yet, and when I will decide, ect. ect.  I am going on vacation Saturday, and return July 20.  I think at that time I will start moving (once I fiend a place), and once a lease is signed may be reluctant to come back.  Although I will try to find a month-to-month.  My schools are about 8 hours apart (driving).

Just wanted to know... has anyone set a date or occasion when you will stop waiting?  For example, is it when you move, pay tuition, or are you willing to drop everything once school has already started?

schnorer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: When will you stop Waiting?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 10:32:49 PM »
You wait until  you hear from the school and until  you hear anything from the school you dont plan anything and when you hear from the school you decide if you still want to do something.

Hegel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 11:10:53 PM »
Late July for me.

James Neutron

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 11:46:49 PM »
i just signed a lease on an apartment, so i'm no longer waiting for my WL school.  i havn't taken myself off the WL yet, but i will soon

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 11:49:22 PM »
I told the school late-August. I have already made housing arrangements @ UVa and am happy there. Figure if I do get off the WL, I can sublet my room for a year. I think that around august 1st, I'll drop the WL.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

brutal264

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 12:29:27 AM »
Not till its over...luckily the two schools in question are in the same city as my committed school, and I'm doing student housing.

Bhoutros

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 02:05:41 AM »
I can wait 2-3 more weeks.  I plan to buy a condo/townhouse, so I have to allow enough time for that.

School #2 starts 8/22 (8 hours drive away)
School #3 starts 8/18 (4 hours drive away)
I am trying to decide between these 2 back-up schools.

School #1 is in my current city so I don't have to move, and there is no hurry for a house purchase in this current location.

cannotpick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005, 02:23:37 AM »
I actually I hope I don't make it off the Duke WL. I was supposed to email the admissions dean on July 15 but decided not to. I was a little insulted that I met with him & submitted all this extra stuff but didn't make it in the first round of WL acceptances. To be honest, I don't want to move that far from home & I can't afford the school. However, the irony is that if they accepted me, I'd still go. So, for now I hope that I don't make it off the Duke WL & 1. lose my $3,200 in Brooklyn deposits/ fees 2. have to move away from my family & wonderful girlfriend (who has been with me since I was a slacking stoner freshman)  3. lose my scholarship & bangin NYC apartment
'08 graduate of Brooklyn Law

...The Dude abides...

ASNetlenov

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 08:52:34 AM »
I will be waiting until I get a place to live, which may be this weekend.

drowles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 08:59:03 AM »
Done waiting!

Bought a sweet little condo in Athens, GA!!!

Screw waitlists!
ATTENDING... UGA.. GO DAWGS!!!
Accepted: UGA, GW PT, Tulane
Dinged:GMU PT/FT
Priority Waitlist: Gtown PT
Waitlist: BC, WUSTL, Emory
Applied: GMU PT/FT, GW PT, Gtown PT, Emory, UGA, BC, Tulane, WUSTL