Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Planning a wedding before LS  (Read 1778 times)

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Planning a wedding before LS
« on: June 30, 2005, 05:32:12 PM »
Has anyone ever encountered this? Our wedding date is planned for the June/July 2006, but if i get off the waitlist, I may be going to law school half way across the country from where we're originally from. It doesnt seem like that big of deal to me, as long as we get all the large details, settled before/if we move. I figure the small things like decorations,DJ,Limo, and etc, could be handled these days via the web or by friends/family back home. Plus, schools end their semester by May, so we would still have a few months to come home prior to the actual wedding. I seem to think this could work, my finacee' doesn't seem to agree that i CAN be done. Anyone else encouter this or have any thoughts on this? Am I crazy for thinking its possible to plan wedding before heading off to law school thousand of miles from home? We're in MD the schools are in Houston.
HUSL 1L

PresClay_00

Re: Planning a wedding before LS
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 05:42:51 PM »
i'm doing it right now.  we're getting married jul 23, going on a HM, then will return to classes 2 weeks later.  oh yeah, i'm in at a school i will attend, but am holding out for the WL at another so we don't have anywhere to live yet.  she's super thrilled at the prospects of coming home an dnot knowing where we're going to live.

makotosan

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hey, I didn't know boys felt like this inside.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - simulatedasian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 05:46:15 PM »
I just got married on June 12th. It really wasn't bad to handle along with moving and whatnot. Just make sure the larger details are taken care of in advance!
Attending: Temple ($)
Accepted: Seton Hall (full $), St. John's (full $), Hofstra (full $), Lewis and Clark ($), Pitt ($)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=makotosan

http://excessivedicta.blogspot.com/

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 06:02:21 PM »
see i knew if you put your mind to it, you could do anything! thanks for sharing your experiences guys  :)
HUSL 1L

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 06:36:55 PM »
I decided to go to law school, took the LSATs, chose a school, got engaged, planned a wedding, purchased a house halfway across the country, had medical setbacks, and did a cross country move all within 9 months while working full time. It can be done. And honestly, it wasn't bad at all. I enjoyed it and I'm the tail-end now. Overall, ou

If you end up being my classmate or neighbor (fingers crossed) I woul be happy to help you and the fiance plan. :)

Good luck Cam!

PresClay_00

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 08:35:30 PM »
yeah, i think i'm on the lucky side.  i finished mostof my planning back in november when i bought the ring.  since then, it's been easy sailing for me.

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 01:20:45 AM »
well lets see I took the LSAT,applied to law school,got engaged and am now attempting to plan for next summer. You guys make it sound as if its certainly possible to do this and I agree. Now I just need to convince my finacee of that! ;)
HUSL 1L

ErinKG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005, 01:54:08 AM »
Last week we decided to get married and are doing it next week at the courthouse. Easy, no real planning involved and cheap. What more could you ask for?

:)

Erin

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 01:58:14 AM »
we had prevously discussed that idea as well but for some reason, it seems to have slipped our minds at this point. I guess neither of us was sure, if really wanted to do the whole courthouse thing. I personally wouldn't mind as long as we had a nice reception afterwards, so we could just have a good time partying it up! :)
HUSL 1L

ErinKG

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 04:30:19 AM »
If you're going to spend money, may as well spend it on the party and not the ceremony!