Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Sleep  (Read 4044 times)

Pancho

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Sleep
« on: June 30, 2005, 05:30:10 PM »
Did anyone else have the worst time falling asleep the night before the LSAT? 

B.K.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Sleep
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 05:56:55 PM »
I was soooooo worried about this, cuz that's what usually happens to me. Lucky for me, I spent all day Sunday at the beach, and despite the SPF 15, got way too much sun and was burned. I think something about being outdoors in the sun all day makes you exhausted, because I was eating dinner with my roomates at like 9pm, and could barely stay awake at the table...just crawled into bed at 10 and slept like a baby till 8am.

So. the question for winter test-takers is: should you go to a tanning bed on the day before if you're worried about insomnia? I don't know if it's an effect of the UV rays or something about the real sun....hey wait, wasn't this an LSAT question?? I think, we all know, you should take a warm bath and perform moderate excersise. ;)

loveless

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school is NICE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 03:05:53 PM »
I stayed up all night the night before in June. Got out of bed around 8:30 or 9 AM and had fallen asleep for maybe an hour or less at best. Said a lot of prayers, drank an energy drink, ate a sandwich, and went off to take the test. Prayed so hard on the way to the test I started crying (?).

Ended up getting a 166, which was the best score I had ever gotten on an LSAT.
"Pre-tay, pre-tay, pre-tay good."

Attending: Michigan.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=loveless

verbal213

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go crazy folks, go crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 03:20:02 PM »
I took two nyquil gel caps and went to bed around midnight.  Worked like a charm b/c it was the June test in the afternoon.  I was concerned b/c I started getting butterflied in my stomach really bad during the introduction part, but that cleared up.

verb
<a href="http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=verbal213> LSN [/url]

Meatwad make the money, see.  Meatwad get the honeys, G.  Driving in my car, living like a star, ice on my fingers and my toes and on my Taurus.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 04:11:56 PM »
I think we June test takers learned that you should either exercise in the afternoon or take a warm bath just before going to sleep.

Or at least do the exercise thing.

Leshy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ken is my idol.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 07:00:12 PM »
I actually slept really well the night before the test.  I think I went to sleep around 12:30 and woke up at 7.  It was beautiful.  My problem was sleeping the night I go my score.  I remember I got it in an email on Saturday June 25.  I went out with my friends that night and when I got back home at around 2, I quickly hopped on LSN to see what my LSAT/GPA combo could do for me (I didn't know much about LS admissions at the time).  I tried to go to sleep at around 4:30 but couldn't.  I ended up just laying down in my bed staring at the ceiling for about 60-90 minutes.  Then I walked downstairs, popped a sleeping pill from the medicine cabinet, threw myself on the sofa in my living room, and was fast asleep in like 15 minutes.  It was definitely the hardest time I ever had falling asleep in my life...

AlanShore

• Sr. Citizen
  • One day...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 09:48:28 PM »
Peshy, I feel you.  Same thing happened to me - I took 50 full length practice sections and 11 full length tests and I still got my terrible score.  What can I say, I'm an idiot.
Corona Light with Lime:
Bud Select (WL): 3 of them
Warm Busch: Chicago, Columbia, Yale, NYU (:()
Still Brewing: too many to count
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary" - Vince Lombardi
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ChuckNorris

Leshy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ken is my idol.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 10:30:03 PM »
Peshy, I feel you. Same thing happened to me - I took 50 full length practice sections and 11 full length tests and I still got my terrible score. What can I say, I'm an idiot.

I never said it was a terrible score, I just said I was dissapointed.  I invested a substantial sum of time into studying for that test and came out with a solid score, yes, but only borderline for the top schools.  You know the feeling... besides, go easy on yourself... you really shouldn't call yourself an idiot  ;)

AlanShore

• Sr. Citizen
  • One day...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 11:50:15 AM »
Sorry, but that doesn't make me feel better. I feel as if I'm in the same boat as someone shooting for a 155 to get into a tier 2 school and ends up with a 147. As for everyone else, I doubt many studied as much as I did, and if they only took 2 practice tests and ended up with a 150 that's their fault, not mine. No offense, but I studied enough and put up the numbers in practice tests enough to call myself an idiot. Plus, everyone should know to take others' opinions with a grain of salt, especially coming from the internet/discussion boards. Also, to clarify, 167 = terrible applies to me only. I congratulate everyone out there who did that well and wish them luck with their apps, just not more luck than me ;)
Corona Light with Lime:
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary" - Vince Lombardi

AlanShore

• Sr. Citizen
  • One day...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 01:36:37 PM »
Obviously I'm not better than that score, or I would have done better. As I said, I am just an idiot, plain and simple. And why so hostile?
Corona Light with Lime: