Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Should Republicans be drafted first?  (Read 11781 times)

Hegel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Should Republicans be drafted first?
« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2005, 10:44:24 PM »

BTW, Bush was SUNK until 911 happened!  Giulani was an embarrasment as well until 911.

good to know, now who cares?  he won a second term.  2 for 2.

Thankfully, he has no terms left.  He got his second term by taking us to war, Dude.  Got it?

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2005, 10:47:27 PM »
Mustbeme, I doubt you ever served, even if you did I doubt you fought.  So shutthefuckup!

Alright man, since you can't play nice and debate like a normal human being, you have been reported.  Have a nice day

Wow you really are a tough guy. I've been reported, wow.

You're a moron and we are all dumber for having to listen to your ignorant rantings.  You make everyone who agrees with your viewpoint look stupid and I would put money that they would have nothing to do with you.

Hey Be10dwn,

I appreicate your efforts to get Swordfish to behave in a more respectful manner, but honestly, don't waste your time.

Part of his lashing out may be due to his anger over his father being an injured vet, or maybe b/c his friend died.  I assuming both facts to be true, but have some reservations about it.  Lord knows that if they are true, both men would be ashamed of his behavior.  That's probably punishment enough.

Look, he's young, probably still in his mid teens.  Let him rant.  We've all done things we're not proud of - this is just his turn.

In any event, I've appreciated your comments throughout this thread.

I only regret mentioning my dad and my friend, guess my emotions got the best of me for a sec.  In all seriousness can you guys not understand sarcasm, look at all of my post.  I refuse to be serious.  You all did catch me for a second earlier today, guess I should apologize for that.  The rest is just shits and giggles for me.

Hegel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2005, 10:47:40 PM »
now that theory of yours is hegelian indeed.  give me a break, voting for W because they didnt want to make it seem like the terrorists won.  that's about as bad as Dr. I Had A Scream Dean and his accepting the theory that W Knew about 9-11 beforehand.  Wow some LSDrs are really drinking the moveon.org koolaid tonight.

Check your history, wiz.  Presidents get support when they are at the beginning of a war.

What else did Bush bring to the table other than ... 911 ... New York ... Giuliani ... Iraq ... 911 ... New York ... blah blah blah ... idiots

MustBMe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2005, 10:48:15 PM »

BTW, Bush was SUNK until 911 happened!  Giulani was an embarrasment as well until 911.

good to know, now who cares?  he won a second term.  2 for 2.

Thankfully, he has no terms left.  He got his second term by taking us to war, Dude.  Got it?

I spent 15 months in Iraq.  I've seen the things terrorists do.  Trust me, we're doing the right thing over there.

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2005, 10:51:51 PM »
For cryin' out loud mustbme, you made me get serious for a second there.  You caught me off guard with the comment about my dad and my friend.  I forgot that I wrote that earlier, seeing blood I guess.  If I have offended anybody I'm sorry, but for the most part I'm just entertaining myself.  Sorry guys, I guess I shall retire now.

MustBMe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2005, 10:52:47 PM »
Mustbeme, I doubt you ever served, even if you did I doubt you fought.  So shutthefuckup!

Alright man, since you can't play nice and debate like a normal human being, you have been reported.  Have a nice day

Wow you really are a tough guy. I've been reported, wow.

You're a moron and we are all dumber for having to listen to your ignorant rantings.  You make everyone who agrees with your viewpoint look stupid and I would put money that they would have nothing to do with you.

Hey Be10dwn,

I appreicate your efforts to get Swordfish to behave in a more respectful manner, but honestly, don't waste your time.

Part of his lashing out may be due to his anger over his father being an injured vet, or maybe b/c his friend died.  I assuming both facts to be true, but have some reservations about it.  Lord knows that if they are true, both men would be ashamed of his behavior.  That's probably punishment enough.

Look, he's young, probably still in his mid teens.  Let him rant.  We've all done things we're not proud of - this is just his turn.

In any event, I've appreciated your comments throughout this thread.

I only regret mentioning my dad and my friend, guess my emotions got the best of me for a sec.  In all seriousness can you guys not understand sarcasm, look at all of my post.  I refuse to be serious.  You all did catch me for a second earlier today, guess I should apologize for that.  The rest is just shits and giggles for me.

I bear you no ill will Swordfish.  I recognize a rabble rouser when I read one.  Hell, I've served with more than few.  We need a few souls like that around when things are tense, both to lighten the mood and to mark themselves for a serious arse kicking when we got back to base!

Don't sweat.  And hey, think about picking up where your poppa left off.  

Happy 4th!

be10dwn

« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2005, 10:52:55 PM »
The GWB should send his daughters to Iraq is such a stupid argument that I don't even know where to begin.  First of all, the job as President is to decide whether or not to send the armed service into a war that, btw, was approved by Congress.  All cynicism aside, do you think it is decision a President would take lightly, knowing that young men and women are going to be killed?  It is his job to make tough decisions.  I believe, like it or not, the President didn't make the decision to go to war because it was the politically correct thing to do.  He believed it was the right thing to do, and with the CONSENT OF CONGRESS, he made that decision.  If his daughters for some reason enlisted, the same people that are now saying they should enlist will be the ones saying that it is a political stunt.  The children of a sitting presdient can't feasibly enlsit in the armed services.  That must be obvious right?

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2005, 10:53:13 PM »
Swordfish out forever and always

Perversely

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 30, 2005, 10:54:42 PM »
it's easy to not think about children when their parents are the problem.  it's easy to think it's the parentss responsibility when they're addicted to drugs or are incabable of caring for a soul.  it's real easy to discount all that when you want to prove a point.

my point is this:  just because there's funding to schools, it doesn't mean that it's being used wisely.  we need to do more.  we need to be held accountable for our future.

and if it means looking at each student as an individual in one way or another (aside from just as a test score) WE NEED TO DO IT!

i don't claim to have the end-all answers to our public school system woes & i certainly don't claim to think that bush can work "miracles"...HOWEVER, i do believe the current system and the proposed system DON'T WORK. & to say it does is a cop out....a missed opportunity.

what if in 80 years, the U.S. is considered a third-world nation...what then?  there's no more oil.  there are few people who can communicate in any other language other than English...the economy is global...where are we then?  where are those few richy rich kids?  they're in europe, hopefully.

ps:  i'm going to bed.

Hegel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 30, 2005, 10:56:29 PM »
The GWB should send his daughters to Iraq is such a stupid argument that I don't even know where to begin.  First of all, the job as President is to decide whether or not to send the armed service into a war that, btw, was approved by Congress.  All cynicism aside, do you think it is decision a President would take lightly, knowing that young men and women are going to be killed?  It is his job to make tough decisions.  I believe, like it or not, the President didn't make the decision to go to war because it was the politically correct thing to do.  He believed it was the right thing to do, and with the CONSENT OF CONGRESS, he made that decision.  If his daughters for some reason enlisted, the same people that are now saying they should enlist will be the ones saying that it is a political stunt.  The children of a sitting presdient can't feasibly enlsit in the armed services.  That must be obvious right?

Don't the members of that silly Royal family across the pond enlist in the military?  Didn't Elvis and a few very popular boxers fight in wars?  Are you saying that the Bush girls are more famous the Elvis? ;)