Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Should Republicans be drafted first?  (Read 11361 times)

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Should Republicans be drafted first?
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2005, 10:36:10 PM »
I make people cry, because it makes me feel better about myself.

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2005, 10:38:06 PM »
Ok, here's a question for allayas.  Since I seem to hurt people's feelings, I'm willing to become politically correct and compliment everybody.  Is this what you want?  Or can I continue to defame the world, as God has instructed me to?

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2005, 10:39:53 PM »
i hear ya sword.  I've had a few tonight....the old Phanatic seems to have taken over a little.

I'm Irish I drink every night and day.  Have a Guinness on me.

Hegel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2005, 10:40:24 PM »
Thats just rhetoric.  Bush is radical blah blah blah.  The original point was credible.  The military voted for Bush and they are the main consituency taking the fallout from this war and bearing its burden. If it passes their muster, then who are you to say that Bush's war is radical and Bush is radical.  Apparently a larger percentage of the American people found Monseniur Kerry to be the more radical candidate because a few million more voters said no to his agenda.

The military and others voted for Bush because they figured that voting for someone else wouold make it look like the terrorists won.  It had little to do with their actually believing in his policies.

BTW, Bush was SUNK until 911 happened!  Giulani was an embarrasment as well until 911.

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2005, 10:40:57 PM »
why do protesters choose dread locks as their favorite hairstyle?  

It gives them street credibility

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2005, 10:42:06 PM »
How about we just let natural selection run its course?

I'm all for natural selection, maybe then I'll be put out of my misery.

be10dwn

« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2005, 10:42:22 PM »
Thats just rhetoric.  Bush is radical blah blah blah.  The original point was credible.  The military voted for Bush and they are the main consituency taking the fallout from this war and bearing its burden. If it passes their muster, then who are you to say that Bush's war is radical and Bush is radical.  Apparently a larger percentage of the American people found Monseniur Kerry to be the more radical candidate because a few million more voters said no to his agenda.

The military and others voted for Bush because they figured that voting for someone else wouold make it look like the terrorists won.  It had little to do with their actually believing in his policies.

BTW, Bush was SUNK until 911 happened!  Giulani was an embarrasment as well until 911.

Hmm 9/11 was what, NINE months into the administration?  Sunk huh? 

Perversely

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 30, 2005, 10:43:07 PM »
perversely, maybe we in fact agree, you mention wanting a public school education to offer more of what a private school education does.  i take it you would support vouchers then.  great, i do.  you know funding really isnt an issue. catholic schools in NYC spend 1/3 of what the average public school does and get 30000 times the testing results.  and these arent lily white catholic schools they are some of the most heavily minority populated schools in NY.

no, no freakin' vouchers!  fix the freakin problem!  don't put a bandaide on it and say, "hey, we tried"!!!! because you know what's going to happen???? not everyone will take advantage of it.  not everyone will know how.  not everyone will be able to entirely.

yeah, i'm a communist.  my name is mrs. castro.

call me anything, just don't call me a republican!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no, seriously, i think the 'no child left behind' law or laws that have been brewing because of this initiative have been wonderful...however, if a law says it's going to do something, it should do it.

to imply 'no child left behind'...i would think they mean ALL CHILDREN will have a chance.

currently, ALL CHILDREN don't have a chance.

we're just looking at another form of what's going on in asia and in europe.  do we want or need a classist society that begs to treat people differently, depending on the side of the tracks where a person has been raised.  aren't we better than that?

i would hope so.  with the needless war, our fleeting manufacturing base, and a number of countless issues this country faces today, do you really think we can afford to be this selective.

let's face it:  rich people aren't having the babies in this country.

okay, i've given you like 20 minutes...i'm signing off.  you haven't convinced me that bush really cares about PEOPLE other than his cronies.

you haven't convinced me that bush shouldn't send his daughters to iraq....let's not forget the topic here.

be10dwn

« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2005, 10:43:33 PM »
OOh phanatic, you are just begging for the "the Supreme Court screwed us" argument to be started again.  LOL 

MustBMe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: June 30, 2005, 10:43:53 PM »
Mustbeme, I doubt you ever served, even if you did I doubt you fought.  So shutthefuckup!

Alright man, since you can't play nice and debate like a normal human being, you have been reported.  Have a nice day

Wow you really are a tough guy. I've been reported, wow.

You're a moron and we are all dumber for having to listen to your ignorant rantings.  You make everyone who agrees with your viewpoint look stupid and I would put money that they would have nothing to do with you.

Hey Be10dwn,

I appreicate your efforts to get Swordfish to behave in a more respectful manner, but honestly, don't waste your time.

Part of his lashing out may be due to his anger over his father being an injured vet, or maybe b/c his friend died.  I assuming both facts to be true, but have some reservations about it.  Lord knows that if they are true, both men would be ashamed of his behavior.  That's probably punishment enough.

Look, he's young, probably still in his mid teens.  Let him rant.  We've all done things we're not proud of - this is just his turn.

In any event, I've appreciated your comments throughout this thread.