Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Should Republicans be drafted first?  (Read 11749 times)

Hegel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Should Republicans be drafted first?
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2005, 10:23:29 PM »
Also, the military is overwhelming conservative.  I remember reading the Stars and Stripes last November which reported that about 80%.... THAT'S 80%.... of our armed forces who voted voted for Bush over Kerry.

Bush is not conservative.  He's as radical as they come.

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2005, 10:25:32 PM »
Also, the military is overwhelming conservative.  I remember reading the Stars and Stripes last November which reported that about 80%.... THAT'S 80%.... of our armed forces who voted voted for Bush over Kerry.

Bush is not conservative.  He's as radical as they come.

amen to that

Perversely

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2005, 10:29:32 PM »
perversely, maybe we in fact agree, you mention wanting a public school education to offer more of what a private school education does.  i take it you would support vouchers then.  great, i do.  you know funding really isnt an issue. catholic schools in NYC spend 1/3 of what the average public school does and get 30000 times the testing results.  and these arent lily white catholic schools they are some of the most heavily minority populated schools in NY.

no, no freakin' vouchers!  fix the freakin problem!  don't put a bandaide on it and say, "hey, we tried"!!!! because you know what's going to happen???? not everyone will take advantage of it.  not everyone will know how.  not everyone will be able to entirely.

yeah, i'm a communist.  my name is mrs. castro.

call me anything, just don't call me a republican!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no, seriously, i think the 'no child left behind' law or laws that have been brewing because of this initiative have been wonderful...however, if a law says it's going to do something, it should do it.

to imply 'no child left behind'...i would think they mean ALL CHILDREN will have a chance.

currently, ALL CHILDREN don't have a chance.

we're just looking at another form of what's going on in asia and in europe.  do we want or need a classist society that begs to treat people differently, depending on the side of the tracks where a person has been raised.  aren't we better than that?

i would hope so.  with the needless war, our fleeting manufacturing base, and a number of countless issues this country faces today, do you really think we can afford to be this selective.

let's face it:  rich people aren't having the babies in this country.

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2005, 10:29:40 PM »
Swordfish, you have not added a single word of intelligence to this conversation.  Once again, it is you who assumes that one is a "righty" because they don't agree with your ignorant rantings.  If you have some shred of intellect to add to this conversation, please do.  Until then, go back to thinking of all the ways that you can sound stupid next.

I defame people.  I have yet to try to anything positive or intelligent to anything.  That's not the reason God put me on here.

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2005, 10:32:23 PM »
perversely, maybe we in fact agree, you mention wanting a public school education to offer more of what a private school education does.  i take it you would support vouchers then.  great, i do.  you know funding really isnt an issue. catholic schools in NYC spend 1/3 of what the average public school does and get 30000 times the testing results.  and these arent lily white catholic schools they are some of the most heavily minority populated schools in NY.

no, no freakin' vouchers!  fix the freakin problem!  don't put a bandaide on it and say, "hey, we tried"!!!! because you know what's going to happen???? not everyone will take advantage of it.  not everyone will know how.  not everyone will be able to entirely.

yeah, i'm a communist.  my name is mrs. castro.

call me anything, just don't call me a republican!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no, seriously, i think the 'no child left behind' law or laws that have been brewing because of this initiative have been wonderful...however, if a law says it's going to do something, it should do it.

to imply 'no child left behind'...i would think they mean ALL CHILDREN will have a chance.

currently, ALL CHILDREN don't have a chance.

we're just looking at another form of what's going on in asia and in europe.  do we want or need a classist society that begs to treat people differently, depending on the side of the tracks where a person has been raised.  aren't we better than that?

i would hope so.  with the needless war, our fleeting manufacturing base, and a number of countless issues this country faces today, do you really think we can afford to be this selective.

let's face it:  rich people aren't having the babies in this country.

Yep, you can curse my momma and call me what you want just don't call me a republican

be10dwn

« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2005, 10:32:37 PM »
Thats just rhetoric.  Bush is radical blah blah blah.  The original point was credible.  The military voted for Bush and they are the main consituency taking the fallout from this war and bearing its burden. If it passes their muster, then who are you to say that Bush's war is radical and Bush is radical.  Apparently a larger percentage of the American people found Monseniur Kerry to be the more radical candidate because a few million more voters said no to his agenda.

What agenda? He never had any plan but to be against anything the Pres was for.  I'm no fan of Reps or Dems for that matter, but for Christ's sake, give me a choice of candidates to vote for. If you think I should vote for you, tell me what you can  do for me and our country. Don't just tell me that the other guy  is wrong.  Give me an alternative of how things could be under you.  That's all I ask.

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2005, 10:32:46 PM »
who will people blame for the world's problems once Bush isn't around anymore? 

You

be10dwn

« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2005, 10:34:26 PM »
Swordfish, you have not added a single word of intelligence to this conversation.  Once again, it is you who assumes that one is a "righty" because they don't agree with your ignorant rantings.  If you have some shred of intellect to add to this conversation, please do.  Until then, go back to thinking of all the ways that you can sound stupid next.

I defame people.  I have yet to try to anything positive or intelligent to anything.  That's not the reason God put me on here.
You must live a sad life then.

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2005, 10:34:37 PM »
here's to hopin'!!!

LMOA, or me it doesn't really matter.

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2005, 10:35:25 PM »

I defame people.  I have yet to try to anything positive or intelligent to anything.  That's not the reason God put me on here.
You must live a sad life then.

I'm just tryin' to do God's will, don't hate the messenger.