Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Should Republicans be drafted first?  (Read 11747 times)

The5thAce

• AOL Instant Messenger - JVersion4
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Should Republicans be drafted first?
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2005, 05:46:04 PM »
The problem with the liberals is that you keep trying to fight the same windmill over and over again.  At this point it doesn't matter why we went to Iraq, what matters is getting the damn job done.  We have to be successful, we have no choice.  Does nobody on the liberal side understand this?  All I ever hear is quagmire this and quagmire that, but no solutions are ever given to the problem.  If you think something is wrong, great, come up with a solution because otherwise you just sound like a whiny female dog.

Here's a solution, GET THE #@!* OUT!!!

Unfortunately, this is not an acceptable solution because it creates a power vacuum.  Such a situation could potentially result in an even greater problem than we initially sought to solve.  History has taught us many times what sorts of evil may arise in the power vacuum of a nation recently engaged in revolution.

I don't care about vacuums. I care about human lives.

Do you really think that the two are separate entities?  What does history teach us about revolution and the ensuing struggle for power?  If you create a power vacuum, then many, many human lives are certain to be lost.
Attending: NYU Law!
In: Penn, Chicago, Georgetown, Emory
Out: Harvard and Columbia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=The5thAce

Perversely

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2005, 05:46:43 PM »
yeah, i want to see bush's girls on the line.  i want to see them geared up, fighting for the nobel cause their father has sent so many soilders out to die for.

bush recently made a statement:  "this is a cause worth dying for."

send his daughters.  if he thought it was so important, he should INSIST his daughter enlist.  they're old enough.  they graduated from high school (they're definitely part of the "no child left behind plan...")

this sh*t pisses me off.

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2005, 05:51:12 PM »
The problem with the liberals is that you keep trying to fight the same windmill over and over again.  At this point it doesn't matter why we went to Iraq, what matters is getting the damn job done.  We have to be successful, we have no choice.  Does nobody on the liberal side understand this?  All I ever hear is quagmire this and quagmire that, but no solutions are ever given to the problem.  If you think something is wrong, great, come up with a solution because otherwise you just sound like a whiny female dog.

Unfortunately, this is not an acceptable solution because it creates a power vacuum.  Such a situation could potentially result in an even greater problem than we initially sought to solve.  History has taught us many times what sorts of evil may arise in the power vacuum of a nation recently engaged in revolution.

Do you really think that the two are separate entities?  What does history teach us about revolution and the ensuing struggle for power?  If you create a power vacuum, then many, many human lives are certain to be lost.

Not americans

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2005, 05:53:09 PM »
I am a real republican.  I'll tell you what, I will get the hard numbers from the recruiting command for you.    

Your more than welcome to grab a rifle and head over seas.

be10dwn

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2005, 05:53:29 PM »
yeah, i want to see bush's girls on the line.  i want to see them geared up, fighting for the nobel cause their father has sent so many soilders out to die for.

bush recently made a statement:  "this is a cause worth dying for."

send his daughters.  if he thought it was so important, he should INSIST his daughter enlist.  they're old enough.  they graduated from high school (they're definitely part of the "no child left behind plan...")

this sh*t pisses me off.
I always love seeing this inane argument.  It's just like saying, "well if you love it so much, then why don't you marry it?  huhuhuhu"

MustBMe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2005, 05:53:54 PM »

Not americans

Than you have nothing to worry about Swordfish.  It isn't like you'll ever wear the Uniform.  I do admit, though, it's a lot easier to dump all over those of us who do, but I digress...

The5thAce

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2005, 05:54:15 PM »
The problem with the liberals is that you keep trying to fight the same windmill over and over again.  At this point it doesn't matter why we went to Iraq, what matters is getting the damn job done.  We have to be successful, we have no choice.  Does nobody on the liberal side understand this?  All I ever hear is quagmire this and quagmire that, but no solutions are ever given to the problem.  If you think something is wrong, great, come up with a solution because otherwise you just sound like a whiny female dog.

Unfortunately, this is not an acceptable solution because it creates a power vacuum.  Such a situation could potentially result in an even greater problem than we initially sought to solve.  History has taught us many times what sorts of evil may arise in the power vacuum of a nation recently engaged in revolution.

Do you really think that the two are separate entities?  What does history teach us about revolution and the ensuing struggle for power?  If you create a power vacuum, then many, many human lives are certain to be lost.

Not americans

I will gladly grant you that point; however, we must value the lives of others as well as our own.  Isolationist viewpoints rarely produce positive results for the U.S. or for the rest of the world.  I believe that the last century provides ample evidence of this fact.

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2005, 05:55:18 PM »
You see, I know how good it feels to be a part of something greater than myself.  To know that what I do truly matters.  To know that if I would have to sacrifice myself for my country, I'd be able to look God in the eye, knowing that there is no greater love than to lay down my life in defense of true liberty and freedom.

That kind of sentiment is very appealing, and I think, although it hasn't been put to the test, that if I believed that our military was something great and noble, and that our country was doing the right things for the right reasons, I would be willing to put my life on the line for that.  I might even be willing to put myself into a place where I would kill for that, though I'm not sure.

The problem is that I just don't have that kind of faith in our government, and its use of the military.  It's done too many terrible things in the past (as have most other governments; I'm not saying it's unique in that respect).  I wish I felt like our government was something I could trust and respect that much.

Exactly.  Good post. 

MustbMe, that was a great rehash of army recruiting/advertising material.  As for looking God in the eye...you feel that sacrificing yourself for America let's you look God in the eye, while others think that sacrificing themselves for their countries and causes make it easier for them to look their God in the eye.  In the end it's all rhetoric bull.  God, if he/she is out there, is for HUMANKIND, not just for humans that just happened to be born in a certain area code.  God is not an American.

BP,

I know you won't care, but I know several fine young men who died to help further democracy in other parts of the world.  They also died to help defend our Country and our Constitution, which guarantee your freedom of speach. 

I wish you could visit North Korea, the Middle East, and portions of Africa.  You do know that they still practice slavery in those parts of the world, right?  I know, I know, there's nothing special about America.....

You, I was tempted to go on a rant here, and tell you what I really thought about you
, but considering that July 4th is just around the corner, I thought about something else instead.  How about you visit a VA hospital over the weekend.  Or, maybe, you visit a veterans cemetary and place a few small American flags on their graves.  Granted I know such actions are beneath you, considering they died for rhetoric bull....

Yea, why don't you print out what you just posted, stick it in the back of your pants pocket, and go do SOMETHING to thank a veteran.  Maybe, just maybe, you'll discover something about yourself in the process. 

God Bless America BP

I could care less what you think of me or if you choose to tell me or not.  HTH

It's interesting how you took my post and interpreted it as an anti-veteran, anti-soldier post.  When that isn't the case at all.  You've really learned to apply the Republican strategy well though, I'll give you that.  Note however, that the (you don't support our troops) b.s isn't going to work forever.  Give it up.  My post was about you invoking God.  Somehow you ignored that.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2005, 05:56:51 PM »

Not americans

Than you have nothing to worry about Swordfish.  It isn't like you'll ever wear the Uniform.  I do admit, though, it's a lot easier to dump all over those of us who do, but I digress...

Your pretty tough yourself.  My dad's messed up for the rest of his life because of the war, and my friend got killed in March over there.  I'm from WV most of us serve.  I think I have a right to be upset over the war you female private part.

The5thAce

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2005, 05:59:05 PM »
I feel that the civility of this discussion is rapidly deteriorating (on both sides).  Can't we all just get along?   ;D