Law School Discussion

Should Republicans be drafted first?

be10dwn

Re: Should Republicans be drafted first?
« Reply #140 on: June 30, 2005, 07:56:42 PM »
Thanks MUST for the kind words. 

be10dwn

« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2005, 07:58:13 PM »
The GWB should send his daughters to Iraq is such a stupid argument that I don't even know where to begin.  First of all, the job as President is to decide whether or not to send the armed service into a war that, btw, was approved by Congress.  All cynicism aside, do you think it is decision a President would take lightly, knowing that young men and women are going to be killed?  It is his job to make tough decisions.  I believe, like it or not, the President didn't make the decision to go to war because it was the politically correct thing to do.  He believed it was the right thing to do, and with the CONSENT OF CONGRESS, he made that decision.  If his daughters for some reason enlisted, the same people that are now saying they should enlist will be the ones saying that it is a political stunt.  The children of a sitting presdient can't feasibly enlsit in the armed services.  That must be obvious right?

Don't the members of that silly Royal family across the pond enlist in the military?  Didn't Elvis and a few very popular boxers fight in wars?  Are you saying that the Bush girls are more famous the Elvis? ;)

Its like pounding mhy head into a brick wall listening to these insane arguments. LOL HTH

Hegel

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 30, 2005, 08:00:12 PM »
Its like pounding mhy head into a brick wall listening to these insane arguments. LOL HTH

Man, we are in agreement there ;)

« Reply #143 on: June 30, 2005, 08:04:44 PM »

I spent 15 months in Iraq.  I've seen the things terrorists do.  Trust me, we're doing the right thing over there.

thanks for your service.  sincerely.

I appreciate it.  You'd be surprised how many service people are just like the people who post on this board - there are some very different opinions out there in the field, trust me.

I just hope you recognize none of us soldier types are being 'duped' by our goverenment over in the Middle East.  We sincerely believe in what we're doing in Iraq. Nothing would make me happier than to see those Iraqis' lead the Middle East into an era of democracy, human rights, & peace.  

Ya know, I've spent a good chunck of time in a lot rough, scary places in the world.  The hope is is that we're both helping protect our country AND make the lives of the people in those countries better.  Could the methodology be better sometimes?  Sure.  But I believe in my soul that the USA does the best in can in a complicated, dangerous world.

Speaking as someone who's seen both the worst and best of humanity in a lot of places around the globe, I think I can say better than most that God has truly blessed America, and blessed each and every one of us by allowing us to reside here.  

God Bless America, and God Bless each and every one of you crazy kids - even those who think that sending daughters into harms way is the right thing to do.

Have a Happy 4th!

« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2005, 08:05:40 PM »
one more point about our wonderful president:

if someone cares so passionately about killing someone else's kid, that person should at least give honest reasons why.

i'm still waiting for the "weapons of MASS DESTRUCTION".

even if iraq had weapons of mass destruction...they couldn't deploy them.  they simply just don't have the technology.  aaaah...but we do. hmm.

i love this country...i love my country...please don't send me to guantanamo bay cuba.  i'm a darkie.

« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2005, 08:12:49 PM »
Geez, you all made that idiot swordfish quit.

« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2005, 08:14:04 PM »
one more point about our wonderful president:

if someone cares so passionately about killing someone else's kid, that person should at least give honest reasons why.

i'm still waiting for the "weapons of MASS DESTRUCTION".

even if iraq had weapons of mass destruction...they couldn't deploy them.  they simply just don't have the technology.  aaaah...but we do. hmm.

i love this country...i love my country...please don't send me to guantanamo bay cuba.  i'm a darkie.

As someone who's served side by side with men of every nationality, and who's life was saved by a black buddy over in Iraq, I just have to shake my head at that comment.  

We in the military try to be the example of what America should always strive towards - a color blind society.  Trust me, every man stands on his own merits in the military.  I never so much as heard a racist joke during my service.  You succeed and fail on your own merits.  Every ones blood runs red when shot.

As far as Gitmo.... they holding some very bad people there.  Pray for the service men who have to guard them.  They have to have more courage than most could ever hope to have.  And they do it to help keep us safe.

Good night all.  

« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2005, 08:16:36 PM »
I've been lurking for a while and this thread motivated me to join in.  I hate war but I appreciate what we're doing over there.

« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2005, 08:19:57 PM »

don't be talkative.  the only way to make change...real change, is from within--from within one's self.

are you serious?  if so, i'm disappointed in this retort.

yes, i'm serious. there's absolutely nothing wrong with that retort.  why are you disappointed?  don't be disappointed in yourself....

i'm really jazzed that i was able to give you some optimistic outlook on where you need draw your best energies from....

« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2005, 08:22:04 PM »
I've been lurking for a while and this thread motivated me to join in.  I hate war but I appreciate what we're doing over there.

what do you think we are doing over there?