Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NEED TO VENT......  (Read 580 times)

kdeevers

• View Profile
NEED TO VENT......
« on: June 30, 2005, 12:55:21 PM »
I have no idea why this bothers me so much, and I'm usually one of the nice ones on here, but is anyone else getting sick of the "these are my stats where can I get in posts?"  No one on here is an admissions counselor, and no one can tell you where you will or will not get in.  You can do the research and the leg work just as those who have applied and been accepted and rejected did, and determine for yourself.  If you decide to apply to Yale because someone on here said you'll get in with a 1.3 GPA and 140 LSAT, you need serious HELP!  No one on here knows your complete picture but you.  You know your resume, school records, extra curriculars, hardships etc.  No one on here will be going for you, you need to decide where you could see yourself, where you would like to be, and take it from there. 

I don't want to offend anyone, just needed to vent.

Have a nice day :-) 

fooseball22

Re: NEED TO VENT......
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 01:00:25 PM »
i think its more of a reassurance thing, we constantly look to others to make sure we're doing whats right...its funny.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 01:16:33 PM »
If you're already sick of this, you should just delete your account now, and never return.  The "where will I get in posts" haven't even started in full force yet.  Wait until September/October/November.

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 01:19:12 PM »
jacy's right.

If you don't wanna here that just check out this Gen-Off top board... it's much more fun.
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

kdeevers

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 01:22:03 PM »
Good god! I'll be in school by then so maybe my LSD obsession would have died down by then.... (crossing fingers)

ASNetlenov

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 01:25:37 PM »
What is funny is that they keep coming. After a while, you'd think that people would not need to keep asking. The person before can ask what his chances are with a 3.6/171 and then another will come along with a 3.5/172. I just laugh now.

draino

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 01:31:16 PM »
"oh my god, I'm so sick of people coming to a board whose aim is to supply information about law school application and asking a questions about...applying to law school!!!!!!!!!!!"

This has been an entertaining venture back into teh world of LSD.

ASNetlenov

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 03:13:28 PM »
it never changes here

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 03:45:20 PM »
This pretty much is what LSD is about from June/July on into application season. Get used to it.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

ASNetlenov

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 03:53:39 PM »
because once you know you cease to care