Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Will this hurt my app's  (Read 1363 times)

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Will this hurt my app's
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2005, 11:44:00 PM »
Just don't pretend you don't like AA, when your eating it all up.

thenextstep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2005, 12:29:37 AM »
swordfish - you sure do show up on a lot of threads trying to get people to not claim a race or try to benefit from AA. Bitter much?  Just wondering why you are so hostile to people wondering how their URM status or lack thereof matters...  It's their life and chances, not really yours. 

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2005, 12:30:39 AM »
swordfish - you sure do show up on a lot of threads trying to get people to not claim a race or try to benefit from AA. Bitter much?  Just wondering why you are so hostile to people wondering how their URM status or lack thereof matters...  It's their life and chances, not really yours. 

I like to pick fights, it makes me feel better about myself.

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2005, 12:40:28 AM »
Plus is it wrong to be against AA, especially when somebody with a better resume gets past over.  Where I come from people earn their keep.  I hate when people expect handouts and don't work for what they have. 

estet_5

• Hoorah
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2005, 10:21:22 AM »
swordfish is my hero, he keeps it "real."

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2005, 01:45:59 PM »
swordfish is my hero, he keeps it "real."

Thank you, thank you very much.

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2005, 09:21:58 PM »
Plus is it wrong to be against AA, especially when somebody with a better resume gets past over.  Where I come from people earn their keep.  I hate when people expect handouts and don't work for what they have. 

When they don't work? I'd like to remind you that this country was built upon the hard WORK of black men and women slaves. America originated in racism and it remains today.  Slavery ripped apart black families, created an "inferior" race leading to hundreds of years of discrimination, violence, and countless other obstacles which have made it more challenging for a black man or woman to go to college, get a well paying job, or--you guessed it-- make it to law school. Our country created these disadvantages-- and hopefully one day they will no longer be present.  But for now, who cares if a few URMs have a better chance at law school.  It is not a matter of not working for what you have, and if this is what you think--you are seriously ignorant.  if you can't see the connection between the history of INSTITUTIONALIZED racism in this country and the purpose of AA, you need to grow up and get some perspective.

Faure

• Sr. Citizen
  • Meow
    • AOL Instant Messenger - leoninshikari
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Faure_Fan
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2005, 09:40:15 PM »
Lawschool2006,

I am part cherokee and just wrote other on my applications. If the applications had space for me to write the long racial history of my family, I filled in as much as I could, but since checked off that I didn't want race to matter on my LSAC applications, I don't think it mattered. You might want to call a school or LSAC to find out what to do if you are mixed because this could come back to bite you in the ethics part of the bar. Good luck!

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2005, 10:18:10 PM »

When they don't work? I'd like to remind you that this country was built upon the hard WORK of black men and women slaves. America originated in racism and it remains today.  Slavery ripped apart black families, created an "inferior" race leading to hundreds of years of discrimination, violence, and countless other obstacles which have made it more challenging for a black man or woman to go to college, get a well paying job, or--you guessed it-- make it to law school. Our country created these disadvantages-- and hopefully one day they will no longer be present.  But for now, who cares if a few URMs have a better chance at law school.  It is not a matter of not working for what you have, and if this is what you think--you are seriously ignorant.  if you can't see the connection between the history of INSTITUTIONALIZED racism in this country and the purpose of AA, you need to grow up and get some perspective.

Ok OK I'm ignorant and immature.  I don't need a history lesson.  I live in today, you need to shutup and stop looking for somebody to give you a little boost and earn it yourself.  Take some pride in who you are and stop looking for a handout. 

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2005, 12:00:39 AM »

Ok OK I'm ignorant and immature.  I don't need a history lesson.  I live in today, you need to shutup and stop looking for somebody to give you a little boost and earn it yourself.  Take some pride in who you are and stop looking for a handout. 

So first of all, you are assuming I'm a URM simply because I'm defending AA?  wrong.  Second of all, I'm pretty sure people looking to go to law school take some pride in themselves. and finally, why does this bother you so much anyway? don't have the numbers to get into a good school?