Law School Discussion

College courses taken at high school

College courses taken at high school
« on: June 29, 2005, 06:21:23 PM »
Should I send transcript from University of Albany to LSAD which gave me credit for classes taken at a high school and not at the college itself? Do you think they'll give me credit since I got A's for 2 classes taken.

Re: College courses taken at high school
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 08:28:55 PM »
I am in a similar situation as you.  I took two college classes during high school through a local university.  My undergrad did transfer the credits but not the grade. 

I am not sure if that is the case for you but if it is def. send the transcript.  I talked to a LSAC rep at a law forum last year and that is what I was advised to do because the credits did transfer to my degree-granting institution.

HTH

bruin

• View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 09:53:03 PM »
You do have to send in the transcript. Looking at the experience of others on the board, you should get credit for those classes for your LSAC GPA.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 10:13:48 PM »
The credits wont transfer to my undergrad though because they wont take classes taken at a HS. Does it still count though?

bruin

• View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 11:21:03 PM »
I don't think it matters. LSAC requires transcripts of any classes taken at a college/university. I have heard of people here taking a hit in their LSAC GPA's b/c of such HS classes.