Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT and Being Bored vs. Being Excited  (Read 971 times)

MeloMan15

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
LSAT and Being Bored vs. Being Excited
« on: June 29, 2005, 05:46:28 PM »
How many of you here actually can pump yourselves up enough to get excited about studying for this test?  Any methods or ways you go about this?  Is it all a mindframe?  You see, I want to basically find out how you all can study consistently and intently with this withouth slipping up due to being bored?  Or do you ever take breaks or put it off because it is simply just not that fun?  Any and all thoughts are welcome here...

LSATguy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT and Being Bored vs. Being Excited
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 05:49:23 PM »
Call me an LSAT freak...somehow i never get bored doing this stuff. Infact i wake up every morning thinking about LSAT prep. I guess you need to be LSAT obsessed if you wna kick some ass on the day of the exam.  :)

laur0212

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L, yay!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Laur0212
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 05:53:46 PM »
I thought it was ridiculously boring when I was studying on my own.  When I took my prep course I started to find it more interesting, and I began to absolutely love it once I got a handle on games.

MeloMan15

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 06:04:38 PM »
I thought it was ridiculously boring when I was studying on my own. 

Did you study outside of class with people you met in the class?

laur0212

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L, yay!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Laur0212
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 06:39:27 PM »
Nope, just on my own. 

The only time I had trouble concentrating on it after I started the class was when I was in London (which is, I believe, understandable).  So I just decided to put the books down and enjoy the city...(duh).

MeloMan15

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 08:59:01 PM »
Anyone else?  How do you get excited for the studying process?

MeloMan15

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 08:59:27 PM »
Call me an LSAT freak...somehow i never get bored doing this stuff. Infact i wake up every morning thinking about LSAT prep. I guess you need to be LSAT obsessed if you wna kick some ass on the day of the exam.  :)

I see your point.

georgeer

• MSN Messenger - htprecursor@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 09:41:55 PM »
I found it useful to try to get excited about the schools i might be able to attend if i got the scores I want.  Or the money you would more likely make coming out of top schools (if money is what does it for you..).

Put it this way, in many ways a differences of maybe 5-6 points on this test could (i'm not saying necessarily is) worth 10's of thousands of dollars, if not more, in terms of scholarships/finaid or in a higher percentage chance to get a job with a higher salary.  Think of the amount you are earning per hour of study time in this regard, and treat it like a job.
~3.5/179

LSATguy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 10:34:42 PM »
I found it useful to try to get excited about the schools i might be able to attend if i got the scores I want.  Or the money you would more likely make coming out of top schools (if money is what does it for you..).

Put it this way, in many ways a differences of maybe 5-6 points on this test could (i'm not saying necessarily is) worth 10's of thousands of dollars, if not more, in terms of scholarships/finaid or in a higher percentage chance to get a job with a higher salary.  Think of the amount you are earning per hour of study time in this regard, and treat it like a job.

Columbia and NYU are my driving forces  ;D

georgeer

• MSN Messenger - htprecursor@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 11:01:11 PM »
Agreed... they were mine too

Columbia and NYU are my driving forces  ;D
~3.5/179