Law School Discussion

Logical Reasoning

Logical Reasoning
« on: June 11, 2004, 05:10:26 PM »
I'm almost done studying for the LSAT.  I'm doing great on games and reading but I always miss more than I should on LR.  What are the best tips for getting them right?

• 3.36/164
    • View Profile
Re: Logical Reasoning
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 05:24:16 PM »
are you at least narrowing them down to 2 choices? how many are you getting wrong per section? where in the section are you getting them wrong (1-16, 16-24, etc)?

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 07:04:26 PM »
IMO you should always be aware and on your toes on every question. Much of the time a single work can throw you off like "always" or "must" or something definitive such as that.

I just took preptest 35 and scored 22/26 on both LR sections. After reviewing the test, I could have EASILY missed 3 less just by reading more carefully and being aware that LSAC is out there to screw me.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 07:13:25 PM »
I just had an awful experience with LR today.  I'm not studying this weekend, taking the time off.  So I took prep test 42 today, June 2003.  I took the whole thing, added in a third LR section as an "experimental" and did the writing sample.  I got the worst score I've gotten in weeks.  Not very encouraging.

I thought that perhaps it was endurance that killed me, but no.  I did my usual scores, 23/26 RC, 22/24 one LR section, 21/23 games, but the second section I did, only the second, I missed 7 LR.  Killed my score.  I have no idea what happens, and why some times I can do so well, and miss only 3 or so questions, and then randomly miss 7+.  And it's especially discouraging that only 1 of those questions was really a dumb mistake, and more so because it was the last test I took before the real deal.  I don't even know what I did wrong.

I do know that all I think I can really do is hope against hope that I'm sharp on Monday and am able to perform at or above par, and pray that I don't get a section that just drags everything down.  And my boyfriend will be incredibly happy when this test is over and he doesnt' have to talk me down from being pissed off and frustrated anymore.  (although I keep warning him that law school might be worse...he tries not to listen... ;))