Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: IUB Folks  (Read 495 times)

lah05

• View Profile
IUB Folks
« on: June 28, 2005, 10:16:23 PM »
Who is the best cellular service provider for the Bloomington area?
Attending:  Indiana University-Bloomington
Go Hoosiers!

lbritton

• View Profile
Re: IUB Folks
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 12:01:15 PM »
Hey don't know if I'll be in Bloomington for law school (currently on the waitlist), but I did my undergrad there. I used both Sprint and Cingular while I was there, both had pretty good reception everywhere.
I chose Cingular after my contract with Sprint was up because the dumba** Sprint salesperson wouldn't give me any kind of deal to renew. I've been much happier with Cingular's overall service and support.

jbrooks1

• Sr. Citizen
  • Your Mom goes to college!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - brooksjb1
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - brooksjb1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 01:21:13 PM »
i heard somewhere that IUB has some sort of partnership with cingular, where students get a discount, like 10%. does anyone know if this is true? i'm looking to scrap t-mobile as soon as possible, will wait til fall if can get deal with cingular.
Knowin' nothing in life, But to be legit, Don't quote me boy, I ain't said *&^%.

ilsox7

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 01:27:24 PM »
Verizon and nothing else.

lah05

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 12:55:37 PM »
Thanks for the input!  Verizon and Cingular both seem like they would offer decent plans. 

Ilsox7- why do you say Verizon over everybody else?  Any particular reasons or just had a good experience with them thus far?
Attending:  Indiana University-Bloomington
Go Hoosiers!

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 04:03:21 PM »
i heard somewhere that IUB has some sort of partnership with cingular, where students get a discount, like 10%. does anyone know if this is true? i'm looking to scrap t-mobile as soon as possible, will wait til fall if can get deal with cingular.
IU does have that deal, it's like 12% off phones and service.  Sprint, Cingular and Verizon are all fine in Bloomington, Nextel and T-Mobile are terrible.

ilsox7

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2005, 05:22:38 PM »
Thanks for the input!  Verizon and Cingular both seem like they would offer decent plans. 

Ilsox7- why do you say Verizon over everybody else?  Any particular reasons or just had a good experience with them thus far?

When I was at IU for undergrad (granted it's been a couple years), Verizon was the only reliable service down there.