Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WUSTL's new numbers  (Read 4163 times)

nascjacket

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=nascjacket
WUSTL's new numbers
« on: June 28, 2005, 05:17:24 PM »
Just realized WUSTL gave their latest numbers in the pamphlet they sent me. They are accurate for admitted students who have paid all their deposits (had a few other things to ask them earlier today, so I called them and asked this question while they had me on the line) as of may 25th. I don't see why they would change all that much.

Projected enrollment: 235

Applicants: 3774

25/50/75 LSAT: 162/166/167

25/50/75 GPA: 3.2/3.6/3.7

Minorities: 19%

Men/Women: 55/45

60% of the entering fall 2005 class recieved some scholarship. All WUSTL scholarships are merit based.

also, for the graduating class of 2004:

overall salary 25/75: 70K/115K

private practice 25/75: 82K/125K

Gov't and PI 25/75: 36,100/52,800

within 9 months of graduation 99% employment

62% work outside of St. Louis in 32 states and 4 foreign countries.

69% Private Practice

17% Govt & PI

7% Clerkships

7% Business

MH71711

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: WUSTL's new numbers
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 10:52:52 PM »
Wow, thanks for the info.  I got waitlisted and ended up not sending in my letter to stay on the waitlist cause I didn't think I had a chance w/ a 162.  Probably would have been a long shot but should have probably done it.  Wonder how many got in from the waitlist??

Thanks again for the info

NathanB

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 11:08:33 PM »
I think I'll apply there.  I grew up in MO and still have all the family there, so it would put me closer than Texas.

And I fall a little closer in line ideologically w/ Missouri than w/ Texas.

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 11:57:32 AM »

Ideologically how?  Just curious as I'm from neither state but am interested in going to school in MO.
Fed gov't atty

nascjacket

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 12:52:01 PM »
I think I'll apply there.  I grew up in MO and still have all the family there, so it would put me closer than Texas.

Really put some effort into your LSATs.  WUSTL is really making an all effort to move up, or at least hold their ground, so they are necessarily being a good bit LSAT whoreish.

NathanB

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 01:26:53 PM »
Missouri is a "swing state", they usually vote for whoever ends up winning the presidency.  They are fairly moderate, compared w/ conservative Texas.

Ideologically how? Just curious as I'm from neither state but am interested in going to school in MO.

Really put some effort into your LSATs. WUSTL is really making an all effort to move up, or at least hold their ground, so they are necessarily being a good bit LSAT whoreish.

And yeah, I know I need to get around a 165 or so to have a good shot at Washington U.

TomServo

• Sr. Citizen
  • We are our own photographer!
    • ICQ Messenger - 814749
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=TomServo
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 05:46:54 PM »
I'm very curious how their drop in ranking will effect scholarships for the next batch of folks- will they offer more money to entice higher LSAT students?  I don't care how they've manipulated the rankings in the past (A charge many make), if they boost their 25/75 numbers to T14 level, their ranking WILL go up, and it should... at least back to 20.  I look for them to rebound in the rankings following their new Dean hire, as well...  I hope. ;) 

nascjacket

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 08:11:49 PM »
I'm very curious how their drop in ranking will effect scholarships for the next batch of folks- will they offer more money to entice higher LSAT students? 

The 60% recieving scholarships was for the incoming 2005 class.

verbal213

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go crazy folks, go crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 08:24:20 PM »
Missouri is a "swing state", they usually vote for whoever ends up winning the presidency.  They are fairly moderate, compared w/ conservative Texas.

Ideologically how? Just curious as I'm from neither state but am interested in going to school in MO.

Really put some effort into your LSATs. WUSTL is really making an all effort to move up, or at least hold their ground, so they are necessarily being a good bit LSAT whoreish.

And yeah, I know I need to get around a 165 or so to have a good shot at Washington U.

On the swing state issue/ideologies:

True, MO has voted for the President most times in recent American history.  I can't actually find any old electoral maps right not, but it's almost every time in the past 50 years.  As far as ideologies go, I would agree that MO is more moderate than the image that most people have of Texas.  And that image is fairly accurate in a lot of situations.  However, in large cities in both states, Dallas, Austin, STL and KC, you will find a large divergence of opinion, particularly on a campus.  That said, the county I grew up in in MO voted about 80% for Bush both times and is very close to most rural counties in Texas.

On WUSTL's LSAT:

I'm definitely applying there with a 163/3.67 and I feel very good about my chances.  In fact I know a guy who got in there with a 163 who didn't apply until pretty late in the game, like January.  But I don't know his GPA.  Anyway, I toured there a few months ago and it's really nice.  They were getting ready to have this happy hour in the law school that they have every Friday.  Free booze people, what more of an incentive to go there do you need?   :)
<a href="http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=verbal213> LSN [/url]

Meatwad make the money, see.  Meatwad get the honeys, G.  Driving in my car, living like a star, ice on my fingers and my toes and on my Taurus.

RocketBot

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2005, 02:25:52 AM »
Really put some effort into your LSATs.  WUSTL is really making an all effort to move up, or at least hold their ground, so they are necessarily being a good bit LSAT whoreish.

Worked for their med school.  They have a higher ave MCAT than Harvard, and have been top 3 for some time.