Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What citibank rate did you get with your credit score?  (Read 2464 times)

PresClay_00

Re: What citibank rate did you get with your credit score?
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 07:14:40 PM »
prime + .25 (why is my school stupid and doesn't offer 0?)

sixpeanuts

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 03:52:10 PM »
Does anyone know which bureau CItibank and AccessGroup use in the New York area?
Attending Rutgers-Newark
looking for roommates.. PM me!

la-man

• Sr. Citizen
  • I need some gel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 06:03:24 PM »
Prime + .375..sux but thats the best offered for UCLA..
UCLA 1L.

BigSplitDC

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 06:14:14 PM »
What is the ridiculous deal with some schools only allowing Prime + a percentage? 

I don't understand.

For my graduate program every student that applies through Citibank gets Prime + 0% regardless of credit worthiness...   haha or so i recall

Are we there yet?

• Sr. Citizen
  • We should all do our part...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2005, 12:02:22 AM »
What is the ridiculous deal with some schools only allowing Prime + a percentage? 

I don't understand.

For my graduate program every student that applies through Citibank gets Prime + 0% regardless of credit worthiness...   haha or so i recall

It's not the school...the lenders set their own interest rates. Usually it is a reflection on the experience an individual lender has had with students from a particular school that have already entered repayment. Understand that for a given period, most of the factors that result in a particular interest rate will be independent of individual applicants (unless the applicant is allowed to select from multiple term lengths). Examples of these factors include the inflation premium and the maturity risk premium, both of which are factors in the vast majority of loans. However, while those premiums are independent of individual applicants, each applicant is likely grouped in with the other students from their school, so that the interest rate each is quoted includes default risk based on both the applicant's credit history AND the lender's history with students from that school. In other words, if other students from your school have entered repayment and "underperformed", if you will, then that lender will consider this in subsequent loans made to students to your school i.e. you.

BigSplitDC

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2005, 12:08:24 AM »
Thanks,

That explains alot, though I'm surprised any top tier law school (heck, any law school for that matter) would not have the best rate available.  Seems that everyone at law school has the potential to pay back loans on time.

Though I'll probably be the worst of all in repayment (don't tell my creditors).

chrisfield

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas Tech ---> Fall 2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2005, 09:55:05 AM »
Anyone know where I can get an accurate credit report for free? (or cheap)

LostMyMonkeys

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2005, 07:43:49 PM »
If you have been denied for credit any time recently, you are entitled to a free credit report. I just got one last night after getting denied for an alternative loan. Turns out there was a HUGE error on my husband's report (a $5000 collection on there that was WRONG). We then called the people who made the error, they are requesting the credit reports take it off and also faxed us a letter explaining it was an error to show to credit people or financial institutions that may have denied us because of it (duh, ya think?) since it can take up to 90 days to be removed from his credit report.
Anyway, you are also entitled to 1 free report every 12 months, if you go to any of the credit reporting agencies (transunion, equifax, etc) they can direct you to how to get it. Its fairly simple. I am glad I did it (though the one from TransUnion doesn't give you your SCORE..just your report..weird)

Nice ass won't get you through your whole life. When you turn 30 you better have a personality