Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

If money was no obstacle and you could get the exact results you wanted, which of these procedures would you get done?

Lypo
 9 (23.1%)
Nose Job
 3 (7.7%)
Permanent Makeup
 0 (0%)
Thermage or other skin resurfacing
 1 (2.6%)
fix scar/remove tattoo
 1 (2.6%)
vericose veins
 1 (2.6%)
Face lift/botox (when you get older, presumably)
 3 (7.7%)
callogen or other lip enhancement
 0 (0%)
Nothing, I don't believe in plastic surgery
 10 (25.6%)
Boob job (i am female)
 5 (12.8%)
Boob job (I am male)
 3 (7.7%)
Other procedure
 3 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: The plastic surgery thread...would you or wouldn't you?  (Read 6929 times)

1lwhit

Re: The plastic surgery thread...would you or wouldn't you?
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2005, 11:56:36 AM »
I'm going in for rhinoplasty and inner thigh lipo.  I am a size 8 but even when I was a size 4 my inner thighs weren't perfect.  I'm not looking for perfection, I just want to look better.  I want to be hott.  We'll see...I might get scared.  Who knows.

Any good doctor is going to sit you down and get to the bottom of why you want your thighs done.  "I want to be hottt," might not sit well.  When I told my doctor I wanted to do it because of the chafing and discomfort of rubbing thighs, and a desire for a more sleek look in clothes, he said that was a very good reason to go for it, "Not to become a supermodel." (his words).

I disagree.  Are my inner thighs causing chafing to the point that it is uncomfortable?  NO.  Are my inner thighs preventing me from my daily activities?  NO.  Will a plastic surgeon do the lipo so that I can look hott by my standards?  YES!!!  Do you watch TV?  Have you seen extreme makeover or anything?  As long as you have money you do not need a medical reason for getting the plastic surgery (give or take a few exceptions).  Furthermore, we want the surgery for the same reasons. 

Hott = Desire for a more sleek in clothes

OK, I've been to a good plastic surgeon in NJ and was sat down and questioned not once but twice about my reasons for wanting surgery.  I actually had the surgery.  You haven't but you know all the answers.  OK, fine.  You're right.  I'm wrong.  You just go on in there and say, "Turn me into a hotttttie!"  That's a good plan.

Iím a professional.  I would NEVER go into a doctorís office and use the words hott or hottie.  Also, I know that I do not have all of the answers, hence my reason for having a consultation.  Iím just saying that I will likely be able to get the lipo WITHOUT a medical/chafing reason.  Loosen up.

LegalLassie

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2005, 12:03:13 PM »
Legal Lassie are you black?  just wondering.  you don't have to have a cultural reason to be here.  we welcome everybody  :-*

Hi E, I am not black, but I am bi-racial (hate that label!).  I can PM you if you want to know more.  Thanks for the welcome!  :)

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2005, 12:21:32 PM »
Legal Lassie are you black?  just wondering.  you don't have to have a cultural reason to be here.  we welcome everybody  :-*

Hi E, I am not black, but I am bi-racial (hate that label!).  I can PM you if you want to know more.  Thanks for the welcome!  :)

Homie this is America.  You are black.
I'm mad at you for having that doggie pic.  Come on now.   >:(

LegalLassie

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2005, 12:34:49 PM »

Your post made me laugh!  No really, I am not black.  I am 1/2 white and 1/2 middle-eastern.  Try taking someone from the middle east and marrying them to someone whose family is from the South - not a pleasant growing up experience as far as being accepted.  And Lassie was great!  I love dogs.  I am like the female Ace Ventura.

LegalLassie

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2005, 12:38:42 PM »

Lassie, ignore her. ::) ;)

Welcome to the BLSD.  Glad to have you aboard.

Thanks Mobel!  I hope I didn't already piss people off with my first post here!  I read all the boards and post where I see interesting topics or things I have questions about.  Sadly, my first question here is about lipo  :(  Don't hold it against me!

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2005, 12:45:08 PM »

Your post made me laugh!  No really, I am not black.  I am 1/2 white and 1/2 middle-eastern.  Try taking someone from the middle east and marrying them to someone whose family is from the South - not a pleasant growing up experience as far as being accepted.  And Lassie was great!  I love dogs.  I am like the female Ace Ventura.

lol. you know I'm kidding around right?  except about the pic.  you are still wrong for the pic.  ;)

LegalLassie

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2005, 01:05:45 PM »

lol. you know I'm kidding around right?  except about the pic.  you are still wrong for the pic.  ;)

I figured you were kidding  ;), but then I felt like my bi-racial comment might have truly been ambiguous.  It is funny, growing up how I did it has taken me a long time to even say "yes, I am this!" because I had so much shame for so long when people would ask. 

And I think Lassie is apropos as my avatar.  Firstly, she is like me: beautiful, smart, loyal, and committed to rescuing people.  What is a better avatar for a future international human rights lawyer  :)  (and yes, i know the real dog who played lassie was a boy - the one way lassie and I are not alike hahahaha)

lex19

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2005, 01:07:47 PM »
i love it i tell all my friends who have any tint to their skin (indian, latino, whatever) that they're half black by default....oh that usually get a good laugh, b/c when it comes down to it nobody know who's what today

LegalLassie

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2005, 01:10:39 PM »
i love it i tell all my friends who have any tint to their skin (indian, latino, whatever) that they're half black by default....oh that usually get a good laugh, b/c when it comes down to it nobody know who's what today

I have grown to love my ethnic ambiguity.  I have daydreams of being an undercover agent (I am not sure for who) and being able to blend into any country I go to  ;D

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2005, 01:13:54 PM »

I'm with you E...at least put a black dog up if you're going to be in BLSD..:)  And I don't mean a black dog as in the color of its coat, but a black dog as in a dog that black people would have.  You know..pit bull, rottweiler, etc.  haha.  So I'm watching this commercial and see a black family outside playing with their dog.  It was a dog that no black person on the face of the earth would have (in my mind at least).  It was very clear who made the decision for what dog to go with... :)
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006