Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

If money was no obstacle and you could get the exact results you wanted, which of these procedures would you get done?

Lypo
 9 (23.1%)
Nose Job
 3 (7.7%)
Permanent Makeup
 0 (0%)
Thermage or other skin resurfacing
 1 (2.6%)
fix scar/remove tattoo
 1 (2.6%)
vericose veins
 1 (2.6%)
Face lift/botox (when you get older, presumably)
 3 (7.7%)
callogen or other lip enhancement
 0 (0%)
Nothing, I don't believe in plastic surgery
 10 (25.6%)
Boob job (i am female)
 5 (12.8%)
Boob job (I am male)
 3 (7.7%)
Other procedure
 3 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: The plastic surgery thread...would you or wouldn't you?  (Read 7046 times)

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
Re: The plastic surgery thread...would you or wouldn't you?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2005, 12:32:49 PM »
yeah, me neither.  I thought it would have been just her body.

i didn't focus on your nose until you said you wanted to get something done to it

Wow.  This post is right on time.  I have a consultation with a plastic surgeon on July 12, 2005.  Wish me luck!  I will be hott!!!
what'cha getting done? ;D

Not sure if I'm getting anything done just yet.  I've save up a lot of money and I was going to use it on a vacation with this guy but he pretty much dumped me so I guess I'll go make myself look better.

I'm going in for rhinoplasty and inner thigh lipo.  I am a size 8 but even when I was a size 4 my inner thighs weren't perfect.  I'm not looking for perfection, I just want to look better.  I want to be hott.  We'll see...I might get scared.  Who knows.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2005, 12:38:26 PM »
really i don't think that makeup will make you look that much different you know?

Sweetie, you've probably heard this before and are likely still decided on plastic surgery ... but that's a beautiful picture of yourself. I wouldn't change a thing. 

Wow.  This post is right on time.  I have a consultation with a plastic surgeon on July 12, 2005.  Wish me luck!  I will be hott!!!
what'cha getting done? ;D

Not sure if I'm getting anything done just yet.  I've save up a lot of money and I was going to use it on a vacation with this guy but he pretty much dumped me so I guess I'll go make myself look better.

I'm going in for rhinoplasty and inner thigh lipo.  I am a size 8 but even when I was a size 4 my inner thighs weren't perfect.  I'm not looking for perfection, I just want to look better.  I want to be hott.  We'll see...I might get scared.  Who knows.

Thank you very much.  That is a nice thing to say.  But there are just a few things I want to improve.  Plus, that is a professional photograph.  There was makeup and lighting involved.  Donít get me wrong, I look like that, but you know how it is.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

1lwhit

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2005, 01:02:10 PM »

Any good doctor is going to sit you down and get to the bottom of why you want your thighs done.  "I want to be hottt," might not sit well.  When I told my doctor I wanted to do it because of the chafing and discomfort of rubbing thighs, and a desire for a more sleek look in clothes, he said that was a very good reason to go for it, "Not to become a supermodel." (his words).

I disagree.  Are my inner thighs causing chafing to the point that it is uncomfortable?  NO.  Are my inner thighs preventing me from my daily activities?  NO.  Will a plastic surgeon do the lipo so that I can look hott by my standards?  YES!!!  Do you watch TV?  Have you seen extreme makeover or anything?  As long as you have money you do not need a medical reason for getting the plastic surgery (give or take a few exceptions).  Furthermore, we want the surgery for the same reasons. 

Hott = Desire for a more sleek in clothes

elegantpearl01

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2005, 07:25:51 PM »
I wish you luck, be careful, I've seen a lot of medical malpractice cases and sometimes the simpliest procedures go wrong. Just really be careful. I don't think you need surgery, but I guess you are doing what makes you happy.

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2005, 08:38:00 PM »

Any good doctor is going to sit you down and get to the bottom of why you want your thighs done.  "I want to be hottt," might not sit well.  When I told my doctor I wanted to do it because of the chafing and discomfort of rubbing thighs, and a desire for a more sleek look in clothes, he said that was a very good reason to go for it, "Not to become a supermodel." (his words).

I disagree.  Are my inner thighs causing chafing to the point that it is uncomfortable?  NO.  Are my inner thighs preventing me from my daily activities?  NO.  Will a plastic surgeon do the lipo so that I can look hott by my standards?  YES!!!  Do you watch TV?  Have you seen extreme makeover or anything?  As long as you have money you do not need a medical reason for getting the plastic surgery (give or take a few exceptions).  Furthermore, we want the surgery for the same reasons. 

OK, I've been to a good plastic surgeon in NJ and was sat down and questioned not once but twice about my reasons for wanting surgery.  I actually had the surgery.  You haven't but you know all the answers.  OK, fine.  You're right.  I'm wrong.  You just go on in there and say, "Turn me into a hotttttie!"  That's a good plan.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2005, 10:47:43 PM »

OK, I've been to a good plastic surgeon in NJ and was sat down and questioned not once but twice about my reasons for wanting surgery.  I actually had the surgery.  You haven't but you know all the answers.  OK, fine.  You're right.  I'm wrong.  You just go on in there and say, "Turn me into a hotttttie!"  That's a good plan.

hey, hey, now.  no reason to get all testy.  your experience is your experience, but it may not be universal.  it would make sense if plastic surgeons didn't questions a person's motivation all that much, given that they make their bread and butter on elective surgery.  perhaps you had a particularly ethical doctor who wanted to make sure that every patient's reason was a good one, but pop culture and common sense seems to indicate that this isn't the trend.
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

LegalLassie

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2005, 01:12:09 AM »

Hey Twarga, how long did it take to recover after surgery?  I have heard that there is swelling and you don't see results for months.  I am a size 4 and work out, but my inner thighs aren't cooperative (hereditary sucks!).  I've thought about lipo, but the downtime after surgery sounds really crummy.

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2005, 07:45:14 AM »

Hey Twarga, how long did it take to recover after surgery?  I have heard that there is swelling and you don't see results for months.  I am a size 4 and work out, but my inner thighs aren't cooperative (hereditary sucks!).  I've thought about lipo, but the downtime after surgery sounds really crummy.

I had my surgery in Aug 2003.  I had inner and outer thighs done.  When I woke up after surgery, I had a girdle on which ran from my knees up past my waist.  I was living in Germany but had the surgery done in NJ while visiting family.  I would not recommend having surgery done in the summer, since the girdle is sooooo freakin' hot (and there is no air conditioning in Germany and 2003 was the hottest summer in Europe in 100 years!).  Other than that, my recovery was pretty uneventful.  They gave me a 5-day supply of Percocet, but I only used it for 3 days (I switched to Motrin and was fine).  There was no real swelling, and I could see the results immediately.  However, I was stuck wearing that girdle for 3 months (it has a pee hole- they want you to only take it off to shower) and the bruising was horrific looking.  It looked like someone beat my legs with a bat; they were all purple and green- but not painful.  I only had a couple of "down days" after surgery when I was still on the Percocet.  By day 3 or 4, I was out and about, doing my thing.  I bought some sundresses to wear over the girdle contraption and lived in them all summer.

That was 2 years ago and I am still thrilled with my results.  No inner thigh fat or saddlebags.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

LegalLassie

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2005, 11:38:01 AM »

I had my surgery in Aug 2003.  I had inner and outer thighs done.  When I woke up after surgery, I had a girdle on which ran from my knees up past my waist.  I was living in Germany but had the surgery done in NJ while visiting family.  I would not recommend having surgery done in the summer, since the girdle is sooooo freakin' hot (and there is no air conditioning in Germany and 2003 was the hottest summer in Europe in 100 years!).  Other than that, my recovery was pretty uneventful.  They gave me a 5-day supply of Percocet, but I only used it for 3 days (I switched to Motrin and was fine).  There was no real swelling, and I could see the results immediately.  However, I was stuck wearing that girdle for 3 months (it has a pee hole- they want you to only take it off to shower) and the bruising was horrific looking.  It looked like someone beat my legs with a bat; they were all purple and green- but not painful.  I only had a couple of "down days" after surgery when I was still on the Percocet.  By day 3 or 4, I was out and about, doing my thing.  I bought some sundresses to wear over the girdle contraption and lived in them all summer.

That was 2 years ago and I am still thrilled with my results.  No inner thigh fat or saddlebags.

The results sound great, but the bruising and girdle sound bad!  how long did it take for the bruises to go away?  I think I am too much of a scaredy to cat to have the procedure after all, but good for you that you got the results you wanted and had the surgery performed by someone conscientous and reputable :)

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2005, 11:54:31 AM »
Legal Lassie are you black?  just wondering.  you don't have to have a cultural reason to be here.  we welcome everybody  :-*