Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

If money was no obstacle and you could get the exact results you wanted, which of these procedures would you get done?

Lypo
 9 (23.1%)
Nose Job
 3 (7.7%)
Permanent Makeup
 0 (0%)
Thermage or other skin resurfacing
 1 (2.6%)
fix scar/remove tattoo
 1 (2.6%)
vericose veins
 1 (2.6%)
Face lift/botox (when you get older, presumably)
 3 (7.7%)
callogen or other lip enhancement
 0 (0%)
Nothing, I don't believe in plastic surgery
 10 (25.6%)
Boob job (i am female)
 5 (12.8%)
Boob job (I am male)
 3 (7.7%)
Other procedure
 3 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: The plastic surgery thread...would you or wouldn't you?  (Read 7349 times)

elegantpearl01

Re: The plastic surgery thread...would you or wouldn't you?
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2005, 08:12:29 PM »
I used to say I wouldn't mind having plastic surgery if needed,  but after going to the hospital for a mild surgical procedure, I realize I hate hospitals too much for elective surgery. But if an accident happened which would necessitate surgery, I'd do it. I mean who wants an Owen Wilson looking nose?

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2005, 08:31:53 PM »
u did not just say owen wilson nose :D :D :D
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

elegantpearl01

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2005, 08:43:10 PM »
His nose has been broken a few times...

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2005, 09:41:28 PM »
I had lipo on my inner and outer thighs a few years ago, and it was a great decision.  No more thighs rubbing together or saddle bags hanging off.  I'm the same size I was before, I just look better in my clothes.  It really changed my whole shape.  I was more pear shaped before, and now I look slimmer.  I'd do it again in a heartbeat, but I don't need any more work done.

This would be something I'd consider, too. No matter how much I work out or train or whatever, I'm not happy with my inner thighs. The only way I can see my self loosing the weight there is if I get really, really skinny, but I like myself the way I am. Except for that. It kinda ruins everything I do at the gym if I feel self-conscious when I wear shorts.

Can i ask how much each procedure cost? was it horrendous/painful/not that bad?

EDIT: I think Owen Wilson's nose adds character!! See, this is what I'm talking about ...!

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2005, 09:46:59 PM »
I definitely do not like Owen's nose. I would have some reservations about dating a guy with a nose like that.
What about the children?
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

elegantpearl01

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2005, 09:52:13 PM »
I think Owen broke his nose twice....

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2005, 09:55:11 PM »
Yeah if he's got a banged-up nose and isn't genetically that way, there is hope for the children  :)
Seriously, though, noses are an important feature IMO, they can make  or break a face.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

Fabyahluss

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2005, 01:54:41 AM »
I would consider getting plastic surgery for purely aesthetic purposes only if my skin doesn't stretch back after losing my post-pregnancy weight, and I have a tire of loose skin hanging from my otherwise tight abdomen. I'd consider a tummy tuck.

Otherwise, I wouldn't get anything else done. I think a lot of times, people are so lazy and will consider plastic surgery before they consider hopping their butts on a treadmill. Moreover, it gets addictive for a lot of people, and they constantly find things wrong with themselves, or features that don't fit what is currently considered "in" or "attractive" in society...

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2005, 07:57:27 AM »
I think a lot of times, people are so lazy and will consider plastic surgery before they consider hopping their butts on a treadmill.

There's just some fat that won't go away no matter how hard you work out.  My inner thighs had rubbed together since I was a kid, and even as a fit sergeant, rub, rub, rub.  The outer thigh saddlebag sits on all the women in my family, no matter how many hours she spends running.  Lipo took care of both problems, and I'm thrilled.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2005, 08:22:12 AM »
I broke my nose and had a rhinoplasty when I was 16.  Insurance covered most of the surgery.  It was very, very painful.  My eyes were swollen completely shut for about a week afterward.  And, somehow, when they operated on my nose, a small blood vessel burst near my right eye and I had a very blood shot eye for the next 6 months.  My nose looked good for a few months and then it got hit again when I was cheerleading.  The girl on top fell out of the stunt and landed right on my face.  Now I have another bump on my nose.  I definately would not reccommend a nose job for the faint of heart...plus, you can always re-break or re-injure your nose like me.  I would only reccommend it if someone has a really hideous nose like Adrian Brody.  That is the only way it is worth it.

If I had surgery now, I would have a breast reduction and lift.  I wear a DD and I have alot of axillary breast tissue. I hate it!!!  They make it difficult to run and to exercise (I have to wear at least two sports bras) and I think they make me look heavier than I am.  I have a hard time ever buying a bikini because they don't make the cute swimsuit tops in XXL.  I always have to get some granny bathing suit.  I dream of having small, perky breasts.  I think a C would be so nice!
Attending: Texas