Law School Discussion

Study Plan

Study Plan
« on: June 27, 2005, 02:53:54 PM »
Hey all,
So I'm working on a study plan and I have a question:
The weeks/month leading up to the test, should I study or take the time off? I noticed a lot of stories of people taking the test, doing mediocre, then retaking with minimal studying and seeing vast improvements.

My friend took about 20preptests in the two weeks leading up to the test, hit a 173 and is going to harvard law this fall.

OR, should I give it a rest in the final months?

I'm planning on taking the february test so my study schedule is pretty extended right now.  Thanks for any input

Re: Study Plan
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 02:59:37 PM »
personally I would study intently all the way up to the LSAT with possibly taking a step back a week or two before, but still studying slightly.  That way it'll be fresh in your mind and it won't be overloading too...

gailrules

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 03:06:09 PM »
I think for my next test (whenever I take it...) I'm going to try the slow & steady approach: 10ish hours plus one full-length practice a week until a few days before the test so that you get a lot of studying in with out overkill.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 03:10:50 PM »
I really only have time to study on weekends, but I do abotu 2 to 3 hours F, Sat, Sun.  And I don't move on to the next section until I feel i've mastered what I'm working on.  I just got done with linear games after about 2 to 3 weeks, and can do them in about 6-7 minutes with 80-90% accuracy (Missing one and occassionally two per game.)  The first two I took I missed 2 and it took 12 minutes.  Very disappointing way to start my studying for the EASIEST games, but the next two days I knocked it down below 9 minutes.  Right now I'm workingon grouping games, then assignment.